Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Appears to be a disorganized mess. I just want to talk or look up info on the 47 watch but it is structured in an insane manner. There should be sub forums for each product. This forum truly matches the lack of follow through with the products.

2 Likes

There is a forum reorganization in the works. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you when it will come online or any more details about the changes.

2 Likes

I just want to add my voice to those who are asking for the forum to be better organized and easier to use. Just trying to navigate to the reply button for this thread wasn’t obvious. I’m not sure I’m posting a reply to the whole “forum feedback” thread, or to a specific message.
Like others, I want to be able to pick the “Wyze watch” sub-forum. Searching for wyze watch brings up every wyze cam message that says “Watch this!”. Not what I want. I need posts that are specific to the watch.

1 Like

Like @Loki says its in the works. Try searching on “Watch 47 #ask-the-community -or- Watch 47
Once you seearch, there are additional filters on the right.

When you post ot a specific reply it will include their name on the top right of the message. They will be notified unless they have “muted” the thread.
You can also alert or address a message to one or more people by including an @ sign in front of their name. e.g. @offthegridlights

If you post using the reply on the bottom of the thread it will not be addressed to anyone specific.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Ideas for Wyze Security System

@Loki @tomp @Brlepage
This forum reorganization fubarred my posting a “tip and trick” to getting around the “59 minute offset” limitation on sunrise/sunset.
After writing up the tip the forum software wouldn’t let me post unless I selected another “optional tag” in addition to “tip and tricks”.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. I created a post under the Category “Tips and Tricks” and posted it, without any tags at all.
Also created a second post using tags without issue. I’ll be more than happy to continue digging into this but give me a little more info.
Personally, I’ve found tags to be problematic at times!

2 Likes

I did find one thing that I adjusted for tags but I’m going to leave the requirement for at least 1 tag. This is to make sure that people can search for relevant information to products that they use since we’re moving into a more tag-centric method of forum navigation. Were you able to pick a relevant product for your tag or was that not working properly?

2 Likes

Thanks for your time.
It seems to have been fixed.
I think the tag requirement is good.
But in my case, and only in the tips & tricks subforum,
If I tried to create a post WITHOUT the forum would complain. If I tried to create a tag when I clicked on the box it would not populate with a drop down menu of choices.
Works now.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! And thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a minor convenience thing. For the last 18 mos, The “reply to this email to respond” function hasn’t worked for me when replying to a topic to which I’m subscribed.

I checked these things and everything looks fine:

Is there a Discourse error log that might tell you more?

Thanks!

I will see if I can get @Loki to look into this as he is the most knowledgeable on Discourse.

5 Likes

Hey Peep, not the favorite son anymore???

The messages you receive from the forum includes in the header a very specific Reply To in the header. This looks something like wyze+1d8a64d99b13dade8e6d379....@discoursemail.com. Your email client is replying to the From address (wyze@discoursemail.com) instead of the Reply To address. This is confirmed in the Discourse logs.

You will need to either use a different email client that properly replies to the Reply To address provided in the original email, or you’ll have to manually insert that address into your replies.

6 Likes

Testing…

/edit

Bueno! Everything appeared to be correct re Reply To on two different clients but if it ain’t coming across right, well, I can do the cut/paste no problem…

Thanks @WyzeJasonJ @Loki !

1 Like

Not since dear old Dad died. He taught me how to hit a curve ball. :baseball:

Any suggestion on which category to use for what seem to be general Rules issues? And how come no Rules tag, or did I miss it? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll add Rules in for the different product areas. It wouldn’t fit under the Services area but this is a good callout! Thanks!

4 Likes

Alright, you should now be able to use the tag for “rules” in different areas! It’s still going to make you choose a specific product but you can type it in after that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent, thanks Gwendolyn! :slight_smile:

3 Likes