Forum Operations Feedback Thread

Me too. I didnt know about that. Thanks @Loki

3 Likes

Can we have the app log us into the forum automatically when going to it from the app? (Android) Also can we not have the reply box hide under the keyboard? It makes it difficult to reply. @UserCustomerGwen

2 Likes

I know this is probably not the answer that you are looking for but.
When I go to the forum site on the Chrome browser the reply box isn’t hidden under the keyboard

1 Like

This is a known issue that’s been reported. I don’t know what the timeframe for a fix might be.

As @HDRock points out, the best workaround is probably just to bookmark the forum in your browser.

3 Likes

Right now the app isn’t really friendly with the forum. We do plan to improve this later but I don’t have a timeline for it yet. I also recommend using a browser to use the forum (for now).

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Motion and Sound detection tweaks?

Just noticed the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails.

unsub_email

I expect it unsubscribes only from the originating topic but I haven’t tried it yet (on the off chance it’s global.) Anyone know?

I suspect since the primary way the forum can “notify” you of something is via email that if you change the Tracking mode on all threads to Normal you would get very few emails. I tend to get 3 to 5 emails a day depending on how many threads I am watching.

Hey rbruce

I’ve been running with my account Notifications preference set to Tracking - changing the status to Watching from within any Topic I prefer full email notification.

Found this:

So I went ahead and tried it and it worked as advertised, changing a Topic from Watching to Tracking. No log-in to forum required. :slight_smile:

Here are the two screens you’re presented with.

unsub_wyze_topic_1

3 Likes

If you want to save a formatted draft of a Topic you’re composing you can cut/paste it into a Private Message and send it to yourself.

It’ll be in your Profile > Messages > Sent folder.

3 Likes

Can someone using Chrome on a PC (or another setup) test to see if taking a screenshot and pasting it directly into a post you’re composing works for you?

Used to, but I hadn’t tried it for a long while and it’s not for me.

Yep. (On a Mac)

1 Like

Thanks @nerdland. It’s a nice feature, I kinda miss it.

I had to throw garlic on my tablet after reading that! Chrome! AAAUUUUUGGGHH!

Phew! Close one! Begone you Google Monster, Begone I say!

1 Like

I am of the swarthy persuasion and enjoy garlic. It improves most anything, even Apples!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vo3iXLpVXw

2 Likes

It does, it’s almost as good as Sushi! (But not quite).

1 Like

Ah Mick, we miss you and your Knife!

But not quite. The story of my life. :slight_smile:

Do you think Wyze puts more effort into its Apple app than its Android? I mean, clearly, the forum is Apple biased. I can’t even paste a graphic from the clipboard directly into a post I’m composing. And you and @nerdland can. Is that fair?

And its not just me, how about poor @gemniii? He’d like to paste-direct, too. But he can’t. What are we, chopped liver?

Not sure. Seems 50/50 to me. Wyze didn’t develop the forum software anyway, they’re using Discourse, which is free, open-source forum software. So if there’s a Mac bias in the forum software, it would have nothing to do with Wyze.

Regardless, if copy-and-paste images in the forum isn’t working for you, I’m doubtful that it’s specifically because you’re using a Windows device. Can other Windows users copy and paste images here? I’m using Chrome, which is cross-platform. In general, web interfaces are pretty platform-independent.

1 Like