Forum Operations Feedback Thread

As far as the first post in a topic, yes resolved. However , if I experience this issue replying to any other post I will let you know.

1 Like

When it happened to me There were many posts already in the thread It was not the First post I was replying to

1 Like

Ok, got it. Next time it happens, please capture the URL of the timestamp so I can send the post to Discourse to analyze.

3 Likes

Because it’s random and who knows when it will happen again, I will have to pay attention :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Loki check this out https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-bulb-early-access-limited-pre-order-on-may-21-9am-pst/33933/67?u=hdrock

This post did not reply properly when I clicked the reply to button, I abandoned it and tried it again, still didn’t work right

1 Like

@HDRock It looks like your were replying to the post by markaf1949, correct? If so, that post is the first post of the topic. By definition, when you reply to the first post of a topic, you are replying to the topic. Therefore, you will never see the reply-to indicator in that situation. That is normal behavior.

1 Like

Ok, gotcha , I’ll keep an eye out for different situation

2 Likes

Testing links
Some links are not working right, this is not the only one I found

Thanks. I concur and I’ll report it.

They are doing some revamping of the support site. Hopefully it’s only temporary while they get things reconnected.

UPDATE: We have asked and they have responded that they will try to preserve/redirect the existing links.

1 Like

Why is there not a big circle in the middle of the community home page that is a link to the Support Page ?
There might be a reason why not but I just thought , it might be good

4 Likes

I like that idea!!!.. a much more prominent link to the Support site at the very top of the Community home page and a statement that the community is user-to-user and to click the support site for product user guides, help from Wyze, etc.

This would help brand new users/community members get oriented and put expectations in the right place.

@CaptainMark @UserCustomerGwen

5 Likes

It would certainly help new users to navigate through the forum much easier. It seems easy to most us because when have become familiar with everything. When I first started using this forum, it was very confusing at first. It’s not user friendly at all. It took me several weeks to learn my way around the forum, and I am still learning. Lol

2 Likes

Something like this?

1 Like

What made it confusing? Would love to update this based on your feedback. @BrandonS to help monitor the feedback.

2 Likes

Something like this maybe

4 Likes

I read very often where new users are not sure where to post their questions and comments. This seems to be the most confusing part of the forum for new users.
I agree that the support link needs to be more prominent and easily found.
The moderators have done a great job merging the new posts to the proper threads. However, I think just a few small changes will help new users to navigate to the proper threads and find topics more easily. Thanks, Mark.

2 Likes

I like @HDRock’s suggestion.

I think we should get rid of Important Updates and Tips & Tricks. Important updates is just picking up high activity posts (eg beta). These are not what new users need to see first. Experienced users already know where to go and probably don’t even visit the front page.

4 Likes

There should be two “home” pages - one for brand new users and one for those that have logged in several times. I think NEW users would benefit by making the disclaimer “This community is primarily for member interactions. Please go to the official support site for product guides and more help from Wyze.” in big bold flashing print for the first few times a new user logs in. And make “the official support site” a hyperlink. After a few log ins it could go back to present size.
The support link should be moved over to the left side with the “Get the App” under support.

The entire forum needs serious reorganization with the advent of new cameras, sensors, plugs, bulbs, and time machines.