Forum Operations Feedback Thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rotate image in 90° increments

Read about this and it works! You can copy/paste the contents of an Excel spreadsheet into a post you’re composing and get this:

Subject SD event Tag Time Cloud Clip Sched
OFF
H Y Gr 12:03 Y
H Y Gr 12:17 Y
P Y Gr 12:37 Y
P Y Gr 12:38 cool dwn
H Y Gr 12:55 Y
H Y Gr 1:01 Y
H Y Gr 1:05 cool dwn
P Y Gr 1:28 Y
H Y Gr 1:33 Y
H Y Gr 2:14 Y
H Y Gr 2:34 Y
P Y Gr 3:31 Y
H Y Gr 3:41 Y
H Y Gr 4:50 Y
H Y Gr 4:53 cool dwn
P Gr 4:57 Y
H Y Gr 5:01 cool dwn
H Y Gr 5:09 Y
P Y Gr 5:15 Y
H Y Gr 5:26 Y
P Y Gr 5:34 Y
P Y Gr 5:35 cool dwn
P Gr 5:42 Y
H Y Gr 5:47 Y
H Gr 5:54 Y
OFF

Versus taking a screenshot of the spreadsheet in Excel, pasting it into a graphics program, cropping and saving the image, dragging/dropping it into a post, and getting this:

2 Likes

search box loses some of my typing ( on ipad pro )

On other forums there is a method where the mouse is placed over the threads title and a popup contains a few lines of the beginning of the thread. This feature tends to speed up the process of looking at new threads because the reader can get a better idea of what the thread is all about. It also help the user find a thread they are looking for.

Perhaps this could be added?

I don’t know if that’s possible in Discourse, but we can ask.

@CaptainMark ??

A post was split to a new topic: Where to vote for features

Can you share a sample forum software that uses this @sjgschwend

Hey all. When uploading a photo to the orignal topic post, is there a way to get the tap/click-to-zoom feature reliably? I thought maybe dragging/dropping a photo into the post did not give you zoom capability, whereas choosing Upload and selecting a photo from your device did. But it doesn’t seem to be consistent. Or maybe it’s me. :slight_smile:

You should see a preview pane on the right side. Scroll the image down until the bottom of the image clears the bottom of the preview pane and you should see the image zoom controls.

I have asked these folks to describe they tool that makes the pop-up. You can visit the site and see it work. They do list vbulletin as the software.
steve

Experimenting… Ok, on none of the following four can I click (I’m on a desktop) on the image and have it expand to a larger version.

drag drop

Pennsylvania_-East_Broad_Top_Railroad_and_Coal_Company-_20160731150349

upload

drag drop reduced to 75%

upload reduced to 50%

Whereas the following two, drag drop, expand to a larger version on click.

Maybe it’s the file size / perceived resolution - if Discourse doesn’t think the original resolution can stand expanding - it don’t offer the option?

Balls at rest - 68 K - 512x341 - 24bit - 96 dpi
Wyzeguys - 523 K - 1125x616 24bit
Events table - 20K - 411x581 - 24bit

:thinking:

Just an update, no solution.

Six years old:

Didn’t find anything newer directly relevant searching their site:

These folks are duplicating (in 2013) what I’ve done here so far:

and I checked the new user guide, no joy:

Have a joyous Sunday! :slight_smile:

WyzeMark did you see my posts in response to your request? What do you think? Do you need additional help?
Steve
Here is the bit of code that is in the box, discover by using inspect element:

Is this made in BBpress?

Didn’t realize you could paste (a screenshot, for instance) directly from the OS clipboard into a post - as opposed to having to save the screenshot to a file on your system and then drag-dropping in. Nice!

1 Like

BBpress? I don’t think so.

At the bottom of the forum:

Copyright 2002-2019 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.