Formatting large SD cards

I put the card in this cam 7 days and 47 minutes ago :rofl:

My apologies, I thought you were referring to a 256/512 Gig card. 128s work fine

Mixed your post up with umnc’s.

Jeremy

Same as others on a 512gb card. It stopped at 29.22 gb and did not start recording over old footage as well. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I mean at least start recording over the old instead of just stopping! C’mon Wyze, this is 2022. 128gb cards were released over 8 years ago! Get this fixed.

Okay, if you read above you’ll see I formatted a 256gb microSD card to FAT32 and set it to recording continuously. Here’s a screengrab from less than 10 minutes ago.

1 Like

In case the card makes a difference, here’s what I’m using. It was $4 or $5 more than the cheapest 256gb card on Amazon ($30), but seems to be doing the job. I’ll update in another week or two.

1 Like

Thank you @stan your screenshot and update is really helpful. I look forward to hearing your next update in a week or so to see how much more of the card is used. I am glad to see evidence my above directions seem to have helped! :slight_smile: I will plan to recommend this to others as well. Please let me know if you have any issues in the meantime and if it is still working well in a week or 2. Either way, you’re getting more than 30GB being used now, so that’s great! I’m assuming it fixed, but let me know if that changes so I know how to help others better too.

Another update, another no mention or fix for this. Come on Wyze this really should not be taking so long to fix.

At least provide us with an update on what you are doing about this.

I just read a post that the latest beta firmware for V2’s appears to have fixed this exFAT issue for SD cards that are 256GB+:

I haven’t heard anything about V3’s yet, but Wyze appears to be making progress with resolving this.

Ah, good info…thanks! Since my update 4 days ago I’ve been checking the card daily. It gets up to 93GB before starting to overwrite, just as predicted by Slammer99uk above in this thread. I just checked the firmware version for this camera … 4.9.6.156 (with a note that there are newer updates available). I’ll update the firmware and let 'er rip!

I allowed this v2 camera to perform a firmware update; it’s now running 4.9.8.1002. Here is a screengrab the notes for that release, which shows support for >32GB cards was activated last December, tho suspended due to streaming issues. Anyone know if 4.9.8.1002 incorporates >32GB support? In any case the card has resumed recording from where it left off at 86.49GB. I’ll check it tomorrow and update. Cheers

stan, just in case you missed it, carverofchoice’s comments where in relation to the beta software that Seapup is running, 4.9.9.1159, not the latest release to the public. See Seapup’s comments here
https://forums.wyze.com/t/v3-camera-allow-continuous-recording-more-than-9-days/212519/52
Now we wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Slammer99uk. I had read Seapup’s thread, but missed the beta reference. In any case, my card is up to 88.84GB now. We’ll see if it continues to increase beyond 93GB. Thanks again!

1 Like

Any update stan?

1 Like

Yes, as of just now (2015 US EDT, 0015 UTC) my card is at 91.29GB. Screengrab attached.

1 Like

Thanks, and earliest recording available under “view playback”?

Here is a screengrab of the earliest recording I can find on the card, taken after I reformatted the card 10 days ago.

1 Like

Yep… running beta firmware 4.9.9.1159 on a Cam v2 set to continuous recording. Card is formatted to standard exFAT. This is where it currently stands:

I can view back to April 18 @ 2300. It looks like it will be at capacity in about 2 weeks. Once I verify that it properly starts overwriting oldest files, I’ll pull the card and do some v3 testing.

1 Like

OK stan thanks, from what I can see from your postings is that the cam has written approx 2.5 Gig in 4 days and you are recording in HD. Therefore the cam has been overwriting for a couple of days now, and will not use use more than approx 91 Gig of the 256 Gig available. That about right?

Check tomorrow to confirm whether the earliest recording available will be 31st May.

Jeremy

Thanks Seapup

1 Like

Test status update: Past the 200GB point. Almost there…

1 Like