Formal Transfer of Forum Community Management Ownership to WyzeJasonJ

I’ve been answering this as it comes up in other areas. :slightly_smiling_face:

The v3 app was deprioritized when the pandemic showed how much it was going to impact financially and through supply availability. We needed to pivot to initiatives that would help keep Wyze going through such a tumultuous time (and an app redesign is a LOT of cost that doesn’t bring in cash). I don’t know when or if a v3 of the app will happen.

However, I do know that the design team is looking at making improvements to the 2.X app and dark mode is in discussion. The difficult part is that we still have the tech and design debt that originally had us looking at a 3.X version.

So I can’t promise timelines or anything but I can promise that it’s a consistent topic of conversation and my team makes sure no one forgets how impactful it will be to our customers. We just need to balance our resources (time, money, dev labor, etc.) and that’s why it hasn’t appeared yet.

I’ll give a screenshot of your message to the team so they read your words directly. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Congratulations on your new path @UserCustomerGwen.
Victor Maletic.

7 Likes

Thank you kindly, Victor! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you, passing that along is greatly appreciated.

As for a redesign’s ability to increase revenue with a nicer more modern interface incorporating many of the wishlist hopes, doing so would put Wyze on parity with several existing competitors.

Is there a way to quantify what that revenue would be? I can speak for myself and several friends and family members who took my reccomenation to invest in Wyze products. the feedback i have recieved is they are frustrated by the bright white background with pale text.

That makes us all reluctant to broaden much beyond cameras.

Thank you for taking the time to respond in detail, and Good luck on your future endeavors.

3 Likes

It’s pretty hard to set a dollar amount for that. Especially since the only people impacted by it will be the ones already using the app. It’s difficult to estimate the growth opportunity cost with a big change like this and I’m not on the teams that would have done so if it’s been done. But I really appreciate you having this conversation with me. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Please see 647068

We’ll definitely all miss you. :heart: You’ve done a great job building this community to what it is today.

I’m confident WyzeJasonJ will be able to take over your responsibilities and do a good job, too. We were in good hands with you and will continue to be with him.

1 Like