For Those Who Can 3D Print

Bro, that design is dope on a rope. I’m using all of it.

2 Likes

This is such a cool thread! I’ve always wanted to get into 3D printing. Thanks for the awesome advice and patterns! :smiley:

Welcome to Wyze, @AaronR. :slight_smile:

-high fives @ExpletivesCensored-

2 Likes

Looking at these again, I am kind of confused about the orientation Of the sensors In the brackets .
Are these intended to be Drilled and inserted into the side of the door jam And the door edge Or are they intended to be Drilled and inserted from the face of the door jamb and door ?
Have you installed these and tested them yet ?

For me, I think I like these better By just using The bracket for the the sensor In the door jam and then A small magnet in the door edge , Plus the fact that I already have a couple of doors With magnets in the door edge from My old wired System .
The mortise in the door jam Will be smaller , so It will be easier To Patch it up if it becomes necessary .

1 Like

Told tea chicks dig 3D printing!!

— Attempts to reciprocate high five from @WyzeGwendolyn, but realizes he needs to be comfortable with himself first… Misses the high five and runs away

2 Likes

-watches @ExpletivesCensored run off and wanders away to practice high fiving-

Okay, before we turn this into an RPG, we should probably stop there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

LOLOLOL agreed!

2 Likes

I was out of town for the week but I will make a video tomorrow (hopefully) that shows the install process. The sensors reed switch still triggers at about an inch as long as the Wyze logo is facing out. But if you are comfortable cutting a rectangle hole go for it.

1 Like

Yeah , I’m pretty handy with a sharp chisel , Installed my share of doors and latches .
Looking forward to the video though

I currently have the davinci from Amazon.

My only regret was I didn’t get the WiFi version since this one has to be plugged in to a USB port to send the file to the printer. I have my Mac downstairs and the printer is upstairs due to space so I have to lug a laptop.

Also this model lets you use third party filaments.

This is a Great Wall mount for the cam that integrates the charger.

2 Likes

That’s a nice design I like it :+1:, I suggest you Get a Forstner Drill Bit for the 1" hole in door casing, Wrap some blue tape around it At the depth you want ,a Forstner Bit will give you a nice clean hole and the tape Will show you when you’re at the depth you need to be .
This is what I have on a couple of doors in the door edge , They are Quarter inch long by Quarter inch diameter rod Magnets , I ordered some more for the other doors I have .
Pic is a steel skinned door

The ender-3 printer I got for about $180, and I love it.
Add a raspberry pi for octopi software so you can use it remotely if you like.

I printed some outdoor sensor covers and they’re working great.

Why are the links not working? Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safara, all failed.

FWIW here’s my version for an outdoor mount and cover for the Wyze Sense contact sensors…

Thingiverse link, Wyze Sense outdoor mount and cover…

`

2 Likes

one of these days, I’m going to make a lens mount for my wyze cam that i have behind glass, so that I can thread a CPL filter onto it to get rid of the annoying reflections… but have to design it first…

Brilliant!

Thanks!! I really tried hard… Oh… Wait… You were talking to that other guy…

Nevermind

2 Likes

Anyone looking for a new project?
Wyze Sense light switch

1 Like

Outstanding design! I will definitely try this out.