Floodlight issues no turning on at night

Running latest firmware and this is still an issue

My issues finally cleared up when updating the floodlight to 1.0.0.55.

1 Like

I am still having issus with street light and name board with light

The floodlight above the garage never turns on irrespective of any setting andI have the same version as yours

Not sure what to do?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue with the latest firmware 1.0.0.55. The floodlight never turned on since I have an exterior wall light around.

Not a fix but a workaround. Set the light to come on based on camera motion sensor. I guess this will have a 2 minute cool down, since the camera has a 2 minute window for retriggering motion, unless you pay more money for cam plus

My floodlight only works for about 12 hours, then I have to power cycle it to get it to function again. Something is crashing or overheating in the floodlight

1 Like

same. it will work fine for a while then next time I walk out at night and the light doesn’t turn on. I restart it manually and it’s working again…

Same for me. Light stopped coming on at night. Is there a fix for this yet WYZE?

1 Like

Every [mod edit] update to any cameras or product they sell is always broken. Have to reach out to tech support or wait for new firmware. Who cares who you have joining your team. Just fix get it right. This is making people return the product or throw it in the garage and cancel subscription. Lord father I’m tired you wyze breaking the product we have. Focus on these firmware and not trying to sell more than you can handle. Use to be a goo pro at some time,

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

The fix is to CONSTANTLY have to power off, then power on the POS product, called a floodlight.
Wyze doesn’t care, they’re onto their next diversity hire and marketing scheme for a new half-baked product, they can sell and then not fix

1 Like

I’m on 1.0.0.55 also and the lights won’t cut on. Have two flood lights both the same. Both are on highest setting too. :confused:

I’m having the same issues, and customer service sent me a “few” steps to troubleshoot the issue. Still not working after spending a few hours at this. Super disappointing product compared to basic motion sensor flood lights, and even more disappointing compared to Google floodlights. I installed two for my mother and they are incredible…you get what you pay for I guess.

i still have this issue. Neither flood light will turn on when you walk in front of it. The most basic function i need, motion activated flood light does not work. Support said “sorry the troubleshooting steps didn’t yield any results. wait for some updates.”
:frowning:

1 Like

What are your floodlight settings ?

1 Like

here are my settings.

1 Like

Hi phreebsd,

Do you test floodlight during evening time? Any chance you could provide me the event showing you were walking and light not turn on. And also a log for this floodlight camera please.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Yes, it’s pretty dark out there. Thanks for taking a look WyzeDesmond. I have two units that have this same behavior. My log number is 766390. I have support ticket 2462243 tied to one of the units.

1 Like

@phreebsd from the log we see you set floodlight to off on 18:10 and change it to auto on 20:00. That might be the reason it didn’t turn on when you tested which was 19:xx. Are you still experiencing this issue today? Thanks!

That was a rule I found and have now modified to remove the flood lights. Some further testing I have determined that the light will turn on, not quickly, but it will turn on if I only have motion by PIR checked. If I have both Motion by PIR and Motion by camera checked it doesn’t turn on period. This setting allows it to turn on most of the time now.

1 Like

With more testing, it is reliably turning on now with the setting set to PIR only - both units.

1 Like