Floating Submit a Log Button in App

I’m going to see if I can get this “run up the chain” and get some attention.

1 Like

Something else that would be nice is a higher character limit. I couldn’t submit the details I gave on a post today about device activating and the cam plus offer using that feature. Kinda defeats the purpose when it won’t allow for detail.

1 Like

Sorry for my delay here!

We added this in the hopes of making it easier both for beta testers to submit logs and for the logs to have more relevant content because we’ll have better information about what page someone was on when they found a bug. This is a beta version only feature. But we hear you about the frustration points and we’re looking into ideas to improve the experience. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, please remove this annoying button or at least give us Beta testers the option to hide it. Thanks!

1 Like

I like having the button. Just wish I could park it somewhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The button is now gone with a recent app update. Thanks!

1 Like

Speaking of this floating ‘submit a log’ button on iOS when viewing cameras, please have it remember the last position when switching between portrait and landscape modes.

Seems when I move it to the lower left or right corners in portrait mode, then do the same again when I switch to landscape mode and back to portrait mode, the button moves off (almost looks like it disappears). I’m using an iPhone 11 with latest iOS.

Side note and can create a different topic since I’m too lazy to search or didn’t see one with folks on iPads. But would love to see the Wyze app viewed in landscape mode. In other words, have the app behave properly between portrait and landscape mode and observe the rotation mode lock preference. My use case scenario is the iPad sits in landscape mode next to my laptop and its one of the annoying things to see the Wyze app in portrait mode when I open it. Family looks at me weird when I’m tilting my head extremely for this one app alone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice if it remembered where is was but at least you can turn the button off now.
Account > App Settings > Submit Log Button

2 Likes

I totally agree!!!.. I totally get why it is there… but at least it should remain where you place it the last time you logged into the app… Not that it takes a long time to move it each time, its just a hassle and less convenient…

For some reason my pan cameras move I can set them where I want them by the next day they are looking at the wall or some other direction. Everything looks normal inside after I move them back. They are supposed to track movement but if nobody is there how do they move.

This thread has nothing to do with Pan cams but…
This usually works for me.
Go to Advanced settings for the camera > Motor Controls > Pan Scan Settings.
Point the camera where you want it then set ONE waypoint. Save that setting.
Go back to the camera. Tap More… and turn on Pan Scan.

1 Like

Thanks I will try it

That did it! THANK YOU!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.