Flames where there are none

Has anyone had this happen? I have gotten several notifications today and when i watch the footage it shows one off the trees in my yard has caught fire I run outside only to find no flames and no other obvious reason as to the glitch. It first happened before sunrise so I dont thinking being a reflection of some kind. I’ll share a picture

1 Like

With the little circles pattern it looks like a reflection/glare, but you’re right, it does look like fire and I would have run outside too! Well, maybe not run since I use a cane, but fast :smiley:

1 Like

I would agree with @raym64… Almost has to be a reflection, short of a cam malfunction. If it’s a hardware issue it will likely continue, get worse and occur under different lighting conditions. Have you tried moving the cam to a different view to see if it occurs there?
I’m tagging the other @Mavens to see if anyone has any other ideas. This is interesting :face_with_monocle:!

2 Likes

Is this through a window? and/or screen? If so, that does cause a lot of these type of glare reflections. Especially if there’s a couple of small droplets of moisture on the glass that when up close and out of focus makes that little circle pattern.

1 Like

@wcdc8283 If you have lights turned on in that room with the cam, I would turn them off and see if the fire goes out. If it does, it’s just a reflection. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like