Fix-It Friday 4/1/22

You are correct, there are known Tune setting issues. Wyze has reported there is a fix on the way for that.

(The rest of this is a general response for anyone having hub problems from the March x.213 firmware)

EDIT: I also stand corrected about the lack of response in the Fix it Friday thread, there were a couple of people who responded to Wyze’s questions in the fix it friday thread:

1aaronj did a thorough response here
motoxmat4 did a thorough response here
Mynus64 did a thorough response here
I don’t know how I missed or forgot about those before. My Appologies

And now mattbrav’s great answers to the request in this thread below (EDIT: And he has posted a very thorough, high quality response in that previous Fix-It-Friday thread now too)

Wyze has also asked people to respond to the following questions and post them in the previous Fix It Friday thread (they even made 2 attempts to get interaction on this), and I don’t recall seeing [many responses] from people answering any their questions as they requested:

And again a second attempt to get some response from users that also went [mostly] ignored in that thread as far as I saw:

So far as I have seen, [few people have] responded to either response from Wyze asking users to answer all those questions in that thread so they can try to figure out what’s wrong. That may be why not much has been done. Everyone says there are problems, and granted there have been plenty of logs submitted before these requests went out, but [few people] ever responded to either post from Wyze asking for help so they can fix it. I’ve continued to see people say the problem still exists, but [fewa are] responding to those posts or answering the questions Wyze has said they need help with to figure it out. I would encourage people to go through Wyze’s steps one by one and give a detailed description and answer about each step and question so they can gather the info they say they need. I’ve been tracking and making suggestions to people about it, but again, so far, [few people respond] in that thread answering the steps or questions like they asked along with a log at the end. Not one since they asked for more information. I’d highly recommend do as requested so they can resolve it.

Edit: I stand corrected, originally I said there was not a single response in that thread since Wyze posted their response and as I just reviewed the fix it friday thread again and noticed that there were 3 in that thread:

1aaronj did a thorough response here
motoxmat4 did a thorough response here
Mynus64 did a thorough response here

And now one more great response for Wyze to use in the following post (and in the original Fix-it-Friday thread). Thank you mattbrav for contributing.

My sincerest apologies for the previous oversight.

2 Likes