Fix-It Friday 3/4/22

Hi, Forum Friends!

We’re excited to have another round of Fix-It Friday! We’re still working on finding the right cadence and everything so things are still a bit in flux. This time, we’re posting in all of our communities and will be taking the single top-voted issue for the summary posts next week.

If this is your first Fix-It Friday, welcome! For background, while our communities are not designed to be a replacement for Wyze Support , our community members and community managers do our best to help you out here. As our communities scale up, we want to make sure that any outstanding bugs or issues that you folks are facing are on our internal radar and that we’re transparent in our process of working on them.

Here’s how this works:

• We’ll make a post on Friday in every community every week (Core Community on Facebook, Forums, Reddit, Discord).
  • Check the comments. If you see any other comments with issues that you’re facing, vote for them with a like. That’s the little heart button at the bottom right of their post!
  • Got something new? Reply to our post with the top issue that you’re facing this week with your Wyze products to help loop us in.
  • We’ll grab the top comment from each community and make a follow-up post on Monday to detail what those issues are and how we plan to fix them. If we need more info from the community to help figure out what’s going on, we’ll let you know on Monday - so please make sure to take a look!
  • Remember, this is for existing things that aren’t working right. If you are looking for a new feature or for us to add functionality that’s not already available, please use our Wishlist instead!

We’re constantly working on improvements for everyone. But we hope that this process will both help us prioritize issues that are important to our communities and help you feel more in the loop.

Got a request for something new or an additional feature? Check our Roadmap to see if it’s in the works or check out our Wishlist for new requests.

Let’s get to it! What bugs are bugging you this week? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Sense hub Firmware 4.32.8.213 issues. It appears that the FW update itself is causing the Hub to have issues where Rules and Notifications are not occurring. After trying to do a soft reset and watching the lights cycle multiple times, the issue does not go away. But not doing anything and waiting about 24 hours to 48 hours the Rules and Notifications seems to start working again.

Although current sensors seem to work now, the following issues still exists:

• Unable to add new sensors to the Wyze Sense Hub
  • Cannot change Tune Settings. The state they are currently in will remain, even if you try to change them.

Here is the cycling issues which persists for 15+ minutes

Logs have been submitted:

9 Likes

Yes, I’d agree that this seems like the most critical bug going on currently. From what I have seen, the community repeatedly reported the following bugs with this latest Hub Firmware issue:

• When you first install this firmware or whenever your hub reboots any time after that, it can take hours or days before it starts working again, but it does seem to come back and start working again for the most part at least.
    • Rules may not work after firmware update until you at least do an initial reboot
  • You cannot add any other sensors, or re-pair current sensors to the hub.
  • Chime stops working. Some people are able to toggle the chime off then back on if they previously had chimes turned on (before doing this update), but if they didn’t previously have chimes turned on, then they’re unable to activate them.

Most of those issues were reported in this Beta thread before it was pushed to a production release, so I am surprised it was released to production without any changes…I am sure Wyze is aware and working on it though. Besides also reporting it in the firmware’s official release thread, some people stated that they contacted support so I am sure this pattern of calls about the hub is already on Wyze’s radar to fix ASAP, but it would be good to hear an update on it.

11 Likes

My Wyze headphones switch into transparency mode when auto-pause is triggered and when I have auto-pause disabled it still switches into transparency mode. Can be annoying when I’m in bed and it switches without warning.

2 Likes

when I go to purchase wyze merchandise it doesn’t come up with sizes it needs to be fixed unless its sold out

1 Like

That’s a good one. Even if it is sold out it should be fixed to be clear it is sold out. So either way it’s a great suggestion. can you post a screenshot?

1 Like

Landscape mode on my iPad Pro 12.9 Pro with attached keyboard ?

SJ

1 Like

Please continue the investigation into why the Wyze Plugs go offline frequently even with the newly released 1.2.0.179 firmware. Sometimes you can unplug and re-plug them and they come back, other times you must re-add them.
Thanks!

4 Likes

I read in the forums that wyze has paused the Plug Firmware and are looking into this issue. But that is a definite item as well.

here is the thread:

I just solved my erratic plug problem two days ago. I got tired of the knock outs, so I did a full investigation of everything connected; starting with the plug and the apps.

What I found out was that the outlets in one room did not have a ground wired into them ( old house, old wiring codes ). Without a ground, the surge protection in the plug does not work. Every time it turns off, then on again, it runs a risk of knocking out. I was able to wire the ground myself, which most people SHOULD NOT DO on there own. Get someone trained and experienced in electrical wiring. I learned everything I know about electricity from a Master Electrician. I am also experienced in building and troubleshooting electronic things.

You can get an outlet tester at hardware stores for less than $10. You plug them in and the LEDs light up to tell you if the outlet is wired correctly; or what is wrong with it. Go around your house testing every outlet and writing down any that fail. Call a general handyman first to get them fixed. He will tell you if there is something more serious that requires a licensed electrician.

2 Likes

That may be one possible cause, but all my outlets are properly grounded and I still have the issue.

3 Likes

Same here. Has been going on for past few weeks. It is the v2 plug for me with firmware 1.2.0.176. In the same room is the original plug which works great and has firmware 1.2.0.80. Have to climb ladder to reset plug each time. Ugh!

1 Like

You should be thanking Wyze for contributing to your well being by forcing you to go up that ladder… :slightly_smiling_face:

But then again, if you were to fall off the ladder… maybe not so well… :woozy_face:

SJ

1 Like

Furthermore to the landscape problem, could you, at least, fix the one piece that is really annoying, which is a way to navigate back when viewing a CAMERA GROUP in landscape mode. A mean to navigate back to the list of devices/group, WITHOUT the need to rotate the device for that one step… We can tilt our head to navigate the UI that is not in landscape mode, but this is the ONE piece we cannot do without rotating the device.

A simple bar like the one you show for camera in landscape mode, always visible on top, with the camera group name and a “< Back” label is all it need. nothing else.

Thanks

Non CamPlus push event notifications for video doorbell are sideways on Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watches. Log 491265

2 Likes

A continuing on-going issue in the Android Wyze App is that the playback function for a cleaning session in the Cleaning History has never worked.

You press the “play” button and the playback indicator jumps to the end. There is no playback.

This bug has existed across multiple app updates.

Can we get alexa show working on a regular basis for the doorbell? Seems like every other doorbell has this…

1 Like

Hi, folks!

Welcome back to another Fix-It Friday follow-up! We have a fair amount to cover today so let’s get started!

:hammer: Fix-It Friday :hammer:

We hear feedback that the weekly cadence is not giving enough time for us to fix stuff and show results and we’ve also noticed that participation is decreasing. In response to this, we’ll be moving to having a Fix-It Friday callout on the first Friday of every month and then the rest of the weeks will be updates about the submissions we’ve received (with exceptions for things that were completed or are not currently in the works). We’re hoping that this will improve the transparency and effectiveness of Fix-It Friday and really appreciate the feedback about this program! It’s possible that this won’t be the right recipe either but we’ll keep you in the loop if we change things further.

Cam Plus Lite

You may have noticed some excitement around here yesterday as we flipped the cloud settings over for supporting Cam Plus Lite. We got some pretty strong responses and found issues such as default settings not working properly, beta apps not supporting the change, app stores not having the update available for everyone in time, etc. We rolled back the cloud change so we can look into the reports to make a smoother transition in a few days. We really appreciate your patience as we work through this.

Core - No notifications when Cam Plus is enabled

We would love logs for this! We’re currently beta testing fixes for Wyze Cams v2, v3, Pan v1, and Pan v2. Please let us know if you are experiencing this, which device you’re experiencing it on, and the log number that you submit after missing a notification. Logs can be sent in through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Then please post the log number here!

Reddit - Event recording turning itself off

Could you please tell us which app version this is happening on? We’d like to dig into this but will need more information. It’s probably a good idea to recreate this and send in a log through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log while you’re at it. Best results happen if you post the log numbers here so we can report them together with your description.

Forum: Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 causes issues with Rules and notifications

We’re looking into this with the Wyze Sense team and they’re checking on the links we sent over. We haven’t confirmed that these are firmware issues as opposed to problems caused by something else like the cloud. It is possible that we’ll pause this update if we’re able to confirm that it is the culprit. But in the meantime, we’re looking into it! The team would like to take this opportunity to try isolating reproducing steps and to see if the following path works to resolve issues for customers:

• Verify Wyze Sense Hub firmware is updated to 4.32.8.213 through the app
  • Confirm that the app reports network connection
  • Are you able to arm/disarm using the keypad? Can you do it using the app?
  • Try holding the Reset button on the hub to reboot it
  • If you’re having issues with your sensors, what is the message you see when they fail to pair? Is it failing 100% of the time or are you able to succeed sometimes?
  • If you have sound issues, please confirm your tune sound is enabled for your sensors in Settings through Wyze Sense Hub Settings > Tune Settings. Are there any other sounds being played by your hub prior to the sensor being triggered?

Discord - Wyze Bulb Color has random color changes

We’re looking into this and discussing it with the PM. If you could send in logs after experiencing this, we’d really appreciate the help! This is a possible firmware issue and we have one employee that experienced something that may be this issue. She was able to fix it by resetting the bulb but please send a log through Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log first! Then please post that log number here.

Discord Bonus: Still unable to group doorbells with cameras

While this is a missing feature rather than a bug, we wanted to take a second to address this. We don’t have the resources to support this development quite yet because of how different the functions are between these devices - doorbells support additional functionality like grouping with Wyze Lock and have buttons and chimes that aren’t supported in groups, making this a bit more complicated than it may seem. But we appreciate your interest! Please don’t forget to vote for feature/product requests like this in the Wishlist section of the forum at Wishlist - Wyze Forum to help our Product Team plan for the future.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Cam Plus AI accuracy issues

We’ve identified some issues that could be affecting most of our current camera lineup. Some improvements have already rolled out while the second batch is currently in public beta testing. We look forward to rolling these updates out in the near future to help alleviate some of the false positives and false negatives that folks are seeing.

We should mention that our AI is always improving using the videos that you submit to us. Please continue to send false positive videos through the “Submit this one video” button at the bottom of the video viewer so we can continue to train our AI!

Wizard chat ends when navigating to the main app page

Our plan is to tackle this one using two different methods. First, we’re going to have a trial with text messaging as a fourth support option in the next 3 weeks. While this wouldn’t solve the issue of the chat ending when navigating through the Wyze app, it would bypass that particular risk. Secondly, we’re also moving forward with the new Zendesk interface with improved chat.

Wyze Plug 2021 (Certified For Humans) version going offline

We did release a firmware update that was intended to help with this one. However, some people reported that connectivity was not improved and several reported plugs going offline for multiple days. Because of this, we halted the firmware update and we’re investigating these reports. The logs submitted weren’t useful for analyzing the firmware because the plugs were offline but we did collect affected units from customers and our team will receive them for the investigation within the next couple of days. We’ll hopefully have more information in the next week.

Alright, and that wraps it up for this week! We’ll catch ya next week with updates about the Fix-It Friday submissions we’ve been working on. Have a great week!

7 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen, Thank you for the detailed and informative update! Keep the updates coming.

Per your request:

I have long been dealing with a loss in push notifications from full length CamPlus Event Videos populated onto the Events tab.

I have previously submitted logs and MAC addresses to Jimmy, Jerrold and Richard from Wyze as well as new logs below today.

Since the begining of the month:

3\1: 9 event videos, 1 notification
3\2: 4 event videos, 1 notification
3\5: 22 event videos, 2 notifications
3\6: 105 event videos, 49 notifications
3\7: 103 event videos, 71 notifications
3\8: 63 event videos, 29 notifications

CamV3 logs:

Cam 1: 489858, 491407, 494273
Cam 2: 489859, 491408, 494275
Cam 3: 489860, 491411, 494279
Cam 4: 489863, 491413, 494280