Fix-It Friday - 2/18/22

On iOS
When creating a trigger rule
With the climate sensor
Users cannot use the scroller to select a temp
(This function works on Android)

6 Likes

I’ll share your feedback with the team when we go through everything next week. This is the first revolution through all the platforms so it’s a good time for us to look at things to adjust! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So is this an issue, a bug, neither or both? :slight_smile:

In my opinion, Both. An issue (or “Problem”, as there is no workaround), to the user, where the functionality does not work as designed and a bug in the code.

Or not, if your desired temp below/above is the default “68” :smiley:

2 Likes

Video Doorbell Pro Settings Bug?

Video Doorbell Pro doesn’t allow recording ALL motion but only detecting and notifying selected AI Detections like every other camera. This is why I assume it is a bug…because every other camera allows you record all motion but only choose certain detections. VDBPro is the inconsistent one that doesn’t support this, so I’m assuming it’s an oversight.

If you want to exclude a certain type of detection like vehicles, then you can’t toggle on to record all motion:

If you want to record all Motion, you MUST detect ALL AI Detections:

Every other Cam Lets you record all motion, but only choose a few detections that you care about. Thus it seems to be a bug for the VDBPro GUI settings.

2 Likes

App Badges

Wyze App Product Badges are not all being activated correctly, some not at all, and some not having the backer border when they should.

Some understandably never show up because the product is never “activated” in the app (ie: Cordless vacuum, handheld vacuum) so that is understandable, but some don’t show up even for products that are activated in the app.

Here’s a good old reference to give you an idea of some of the things that appear to not be working correctly with the badges (the rest of the thread lists some others too):

I know this isn’t a critical issue, but some of us do enjoy the gamification aspects of it nonetheless. :slight_smile: And some of us may or may not have semi-friendly competitive contests against each other and want to keep winning…

5 Likes

The problem still exists, never fixed. Medium volume, MAYBE… definitely not the loud volume that i enjoyed for months before the bug. I can only hear the hub siren if i am in the same room.

2 Likes

@carverofchoice !!??

I need all the @ Mods all the @ Mavens all the @ Wyze Wizards to increase my ability to :hearts: this one post for 5 minutes please.

I’m so taken aback by your thoughtfulness of posting this I won’t remind you that I am in the lead

*notice I didn’t really tag groups for my silliness

5 Likes

I second this! Low volume on the hub to this day has yet to be fixed.

2 Likes

The weather on the Watch 47mm does not update unless you go into the app first.

2 Likes

App event conversion to .mp4 causing audio on all saved/shared/downloaded videos to go out of sync/delayed

Something I’ve been noticing lately related to cam videos:

If I watch an Event in the Wyze App (whether it is saved to the cloud or on the SD card), the Audio is fairly well synced.

If I download the same event to my phone (whether from the cloud, or recorded from the SD card), or share it (ie: to Google Photos), whatever conversion process the Wyze app uses causes the audio to be out of sync and delayed by a second or more. Indicating there is some kind of bug in the app causing the audio to go out of sync from the original recording (which plays correctly inside the app).

For example, in several videos where I tell my toddler through the baby cam to go to sleep, in the app you hear me talk, then her lay down and go to sleep, but if I save the video, it often looks like she starts laying down to go to sleep before I have even started talking (which is not what happened).

I have noticed this on V2’s, V3’s and the VDB Pro…all are perfectly in-sync when viewed on the Wyze app, but the audio is delayed if any videos are actually saved). This indicates the bug is likely caused by the app during conversion to MP4.

4 Likes

I have noticed that the VDB v1 does not Provide images when being notified on iOS. On Android you do get the images. I had @R.Good verify this as well.

iOS Notification (VDB v1)
iOS no Image

Android Notification (VDB v1)
Android Images provided_1 Android Images provided_2

3 Likes

same, tried new hub, reinstall everything and every other possible fix. I can still can sleep through the alarm if im in the next room and the fan is on. The system armed is louder from the keypad than the hub itself.

2 Likes

The audio / video sync issue on downloaded file has been that way for years. My July 4th fireworks show video from 2018 shows this very well. By the end of the file, the sound from the last salutes comes several seconds before the video - and it should have been a second later.

Thank you @carverofchoice for posting the hub volume anomaly saga on the Fixit Friday Lazy Suzan (ie ‘rotating platforms’) and also posting back on the original topic for us all to click thru to this new unresolved issues popularity contest. I have added my hearts wherever I could… Although I think a :frowning: more reflects my sentiment at the lack of progress to fix the problem. I would like for my siren to wake my neighbors. It won’t even wake me! Let’s go big or go home here.

1 Like

Short version: Why am I unable to view a recorded playback directly from an event notification?

Detailed version: I get a notification of an event on my phone. I click on it to view and the app launches. I click on the event and see my 12 second clip. Then sometimes I want to see more and click “Playback” at the bottom but, I get a pop up that I don’t have a memory card installed. So I back out of events and go to the home page, click on the camera and then view the playback, in full through the history from the SD card. Why do I have to go through all of that when I already have a memory card installed AND it’s working as I can view the playback if I manually search for it?

4 Likes

Do you have a log to share? You may be in a unique position to show the cause of this issue. I haven’t personally noted it, so I can’t create one. Attempt the process, and when it fails submit the log, and share the number here. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Share the log? Talk to me like I’m 3 years old. This is like my 3rd post in these forums and I know nothing about anything.

1 Like

No problem, and apologies –

Try to access your SD card from Playback under both the live view and the Events tab. My thinking is the first will work, and the second will fail. Then go to the camera’s settings and go down to “Wyze Support”. From there select “Submit a Log”, summarize the issue, and submit. It will give you a log number. Post that log number here.

This will give them a chance to fix your issue even if it isn’t one of the top selections this week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Web View is not currently working with Cam Plus Pro

This may not be a bug, and Webview is also only in Beta Testing, so perhaps this is technically more relevant to the beta threads than here. Also, I know Beta Testing was only supposed to be for “Cam Plus” specifically. It just seems logical that Cam Plus Pro would include all the perks of Cam Plus, and I’m trying to help add things I have seen mentioned in threads around the forum recently so there is good representation for the community. :slight_smile:

I know Wyze is aware of and looking into this already (as discussed a little in this thread where it was initially brought up), but I thought I would include it while we’re talking about potential bugs people have expressed an interest in.

4 Likes