Fix-It Friday - 2/18/22

HUB SIREN VOLUME STILL LOWER THAN IT USED TO BE

Last Fall, around September, the Hub Volume dropped considerably from a firmware update. The High volume seemed to be at the level the Minimum was before…very, very low.

On October 18th firmware 4.32.6.142 was released intending to fix this issue. Per the release notes:

Fixed a bug that caused a decrease in Wyze Sense Hub voice prompt volume from last update

and while some things had volume restored to higher volume levels, such as the entry delay beeping, etc…some other things seemed to be restored to more of what used to be the Mid volume setting before, and not restored to what used to be the HIGH volume level…such as the siren. The siren used to be much louder and doesn’t seem to have been fully fixed from this bug back to the original loudness it had at the high setting when the hub first came out. I can’t hear it as well in the same rooms I used to hear it in loudly before, and my daughter no longer has to cover her ears when it goes off like she used to have to do when it was louder.

Since it happened with a firmware update and it has been louder in the past I assume it is still part of that same bug. The October firmware fix said it only worked on the “voice prompt volume” and it seems maybe devs didn’t realize that other things like the siren volume have not been fixed back to their original volume yet and the rest of the volume bug issues that went along with it may still need to be addressed.

15 Likes