First thoughts on the bulbs

Finally got my pre-order of eight bulbs and I’m not impressed.

1. Configuration is one at a time.
  2. Firmware update is one at a time.
  3. 75% of the eight bulbs drop their connection after a few minutes, over and over.
  4. No way to force them back online except to remove, reconfigure, and reupdate the firmware.
  5. This is minor, but would it kill them to include a little more in the way of instructions? The box says, “works with Alexa”, but finding the information to do so is like an easter egg hunt.

Pretty sure these are being returned this weekend.

Welcome to the community @paulmyoung! :slight_smile:

1. In my experience, most WiFi smart bulbs have to be configured one at a time because of how the setup process works.
  2. You can update the firmware on all of the bulbs simultaneously from the “Account” tab under “Firmware Upgrade”
  3. Just a guess, but this might be an issue with your WiFi router having too many devices connected to the same network. Many older routers have limitations like this. I replaced my old R7000 with an Amplifi HD (with 2 mesh points), and my problems went away.
  4. See number 3
  5. Found this on the Wyze support pages. Using Amazon’s Alexa with Wyze

Have you filed a support request with Wyze about the problems you’re having?

Here are the Troubleshooting Guides. You can also run through the troubleshooting flow chart by clicking “Begin Troubleshooting” at the top of this page.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

2 Likes

I agree that he may have a weak signal with the router. Do you any other Wyze devices in the same area as the bulbs? Do they have a weak signal?
Try moving the bulb(s) right next to the router and see if you continue to have the problem.