Does anyone know if the new Wyze v2 firmware update fixed all the contact sensor and motion sensor issues? I had to revert back to 126.96.36.199 a long time ago to get things to work correctly, and it’s asking me now to update to 188.8.131.52. I updated all my cameras so far that don’t have Wyze Sense bridges attached to them, but so far none of the ones that do.
I’ve had similar problems with sensors in the past and haven’t updated to this firmware yet either. I was waiting to see if the were any reports of problems.
I upgraded to .144 and sensors stopped working. Reverted.
Thanks for the info!
All my sensors are offline, I’m on my 3rd bridge trying to get things to work.
I assume you’re flashing the firmware using "demo.bin"on the SD Card.
I flashed firmware awhile ago and bricked a v2 camera.
You haven’t had any problems flashing ?
184.108.40.206 is working fine for me. Before this version I kept reverting back to 220.127.116.11.
I went back to version 98 and they have been rock solid.
There should be a newer v2 firmware version available, can you check for a firmware update?
For reference, here are the release notes I pulled up for .144
Release notes (compared to 4.X.6.136 version)
- Reduced the likelihood of Wyze Cams showing a solid yellow light after an update
- Fixed an issue that caused some Cam Plus videos to not have the Person tag
- Fixed an issue that caused Wyze Cam Pan to move in the opposite direction when the 180 degree toggle is on
- Fixed an issue that caused pixelated Event videos for some cameras
- Adjusted the night vision IR to be the same level as in 5.111
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented audio during streaming or recording
- Fixed an issue that prevented the motion detection zone from working
- Other bug fixes
- There might be video frame dragging during live streaming
Suggested Test Areas:
- Person detection with or without Cam Plus
- Firmware update
With this firmware update 18.104.22.168:
All sensors are offline and bridge LEDs are yellow. Removed bridges, formatted SD cards, reset cams, deleted cams from app, deleted app, reinstalled app, add cams back to app, added bridges = sensors back online for a small amount of time before dropping offline again. When offline, bridges do not respond to Bridge LED on/off switch.