Finally saying goodbye to Wyze

There’s that word again…

The lease problematic CQ system I’ve ever own TILL today is a fateful back up to the Wyze cam system is the Uniden Video System old and obsolete with no HD is the only issue !
Too bad it’s not still manufactured today with HD !!!

Had a very old (one and only) by Motorola system that WAS a close second …

I have had the same High Endurance SD cards in my two dash cams for several years. Never a problem. I do format them every few months. I also have high endurance cards in my Wyze cams and format them occasionally. Also, I don’t have permanent recording on, only events. So they don’t actually get used that much. SD cards are not the problem here.

2 Likes

Continuity? :wink:

:rofl: :joy: That comment made my day! :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Personally, I feel like all connection issues could be easily fixed by hardwiring the camera instead of awful 2.4 ghz.

WyzeCam Ethernet Data Support

NEVER gonna happen

Dash cams, like WYZE cams, need high endurance SD cards. Regular SD cards are not meant for constant access; they are meant for intermittent use. I learned this trying to return an SD card from my dash cam. Every WYZE cam I have uses SanDisk high endurance cards.

Agreed! But apparently there are hardware limitations - my impression is that the USB ports in current models are set up only for power. Not that people haven’t tried to make it work…

Not really. There is a firmware available that sets the camera up as a web cam transferring data over the USB B port .

I don’t hate Wyze cameras yet but I’m pretty new with them. I can’t imagine being with a company from the start while investing time and money and almost feeling like things are not getting fixed. For one, I have noticed more glitches lately with every other update and Ive also notice how they’ve ventured to other things without making something perfect. But I’m hoping for the best outcome. It’s not an easy task for neither side and I appreciate as a user leaving your reasons to see I’m not alone in certain frustrations. Good luck in your search.

Since I am not having any connectivity issues with the wireless camera’s, I am wondering if your issue is loss of Internet? I am running these in a rural area over DSL. I also don’t have any rogue WIFI access points near me. If you are in a densely populated area in terms of access points, your cams could be connecting to an open wifi access point.

You’re suggesting the Wyze cam doesn’t require a secure login to any network… it’ll willy-nilly connect to any network on its own

Know something everyone else doesn’t know? : )

D’oh! I forgot about that!

So then you could hook them up to something like ContaCam and almost have a wired NVR?

I’ve hooked some awfully sketchy thrift store webcam finds up to ContaCam and they actually worked - a little short on video quality and features but they detected motion, saved video, and put the clips up on a web page hosted on the local PC.

The Google assistant issues are the #1 thing from me adding more Wyze cams to my setup. I’m sure not all the blame lies on Wyze, but that really doesn’t matter. I’ll likely be moving to Nest camera, even though they’re 4x the price.

3 Likes

The most noble way to leave is to do so …

Except HF doesn’t provide this kind of warranty. Unless you pay extra. Which I’ve never done.

Agreed

As my final comment on this thread:

The Wyze Forum is a place to share honest feedback and discussions regarding Wyze products. I’ve seen so many Wyze fans rally against any feedback which may considered as being critical of Wyze and start dismissing it is “the user’s fault” or start blaming other products in the user’s home for the sometimes poor performance of Wyze gear. I most definitely do not have any issues with my network setup (I have a fibre connection), nor are my SD cards to blame (I use Samsung PRO Endurance) etc. etc. etc.

Immediately dismissing a critical or opposing opinion completely undermines the purpose of having community involvement and gaining honest feedback. Being dismissive and being unable to absorb feedback or even consider different views is detrimental to the forum experience and not constructive at all.

Now, I am really happy to hear that some Wyze users have had a flawless experience, that’s quite honestly awesome! However, that does not mean that this is the case for all users. We should instead focus on figuring out why a user has had a poor experience and see what can be done to refine the product and fix the issues so that everyone can have an flawless experience (obviously a lofty goal).

As to the source of my opinion:

I studied Mechatronic Engineering and proceeded to do a double major in Marketing and Innovation Management after that. I am currently busy with my post graduate studies in Advanced Strategic Management and Management of Innovation and Breakthrough Ideas. So I’d like to believe I have enough technical knowledge to manage and diagnose issues in my smart home and Wyze gear, and enough marketing and innovation knowledge to hopefully deliver some worthwhile feedback to Wyze… Btw: I actually presented a strategy lecture on Wyze not too long ago :sweat_smile:

I am by no means an expert, nor do I consider myself one. However, I’d love some members of the community to be a little more receptive and treat contributions with some more consideration. It’s feedback and a opportunity to learn, it is not an attack.

14 Likes