Filter Alerts by Type (Motion, Sound, Etc.)

Mod Note: This was launched in the 2.13 app release. :slight_smile:

It’d be awesome if I could filter the notifications view to only show me “Motion Alerts” or just “Sound Alerts”. Sometimes I would rather see just the Motion Alerts but there are a million Sound Alerts I have to scroll past to find them.

@CaptainMark?

I would like to see this feature, as well!

I would like to see a “filter by” sound or motion feature once I have selected the camera I want to see.

Roger Ward

1 Like

Would be nice and helpful to be able to filter (sub-filter) on other things than just the camera name and date. For a person/company with multiple cameras, it would great to sub-filter on sound or motion - enable us to quickly research and get right to any motion events instead of having to search an entire day of events. A time saver.

I’m surprised this wish only has 10 votes! It seems like it would be a nice improvement for the app for people trying to view only certain motion or sound events. Maybe this feature is only available in beta mode while they are testing person detection? I wonder if you can filter by person, motion, and sound in the beta app or is it just person vs motion plus sound.

1 Like

That would be nice

I would also like to filter by time. I have a camera with hundreds of events, and searching for them at a specific time of the day is a (scrolling) pain.

I think filtering by time might be a little different than filtering by motion or sound. I think it would be different from just clicking one button. You might want to post a new one on the wish list for looking for an event in a certain time frame of it’s not already requested.

In addition to the existing “person” tag, the events NEED tag filters for motion, sound, and scene action. The events already have these tags applied to them…and the ability to filter tags is already in the app. There’s no reason the filter options can’t easily include the various tags to choose from.

Al of the required functionality is already in the app. As a 20 year developer, I can say with relative confidence enabling these tag features is a 1/2 day project to enable and fully test. It could be released in beta by Tuesday , assuming devs don’t work on the weekend, and are half-asleep monday morning when they start work

2 Likes

I agree, we need this UI.

Filter events by motion, sound and events that caused notifications.

1 Like

I emailed them about this and they said to post on this wishlist about it… seems like it’s a no brainer to build this in since they already have the option to filter by “person”

Amen. Filter by Sound/Motion alerts!

I’ve been thinking this for a while and finally found that this topic is pre-existing on the Wishlist board. Here’s my usecase: I use IFTTT to upload a video to the cloud every hour:

This creates a ‘scene action’ video for Every Hour for Every Camera which is a LOT of scrolling. Would love to update current ‘Person’ filter to work like ‘Devices’ filter to be able to select from any of the available video ‘tags’ (motion, Complete Motion Capture, person, audio, scene action, perhaps something future like ‘package’ or ‘vehicle’, etc.) although I typically am just looking to filter out the scene actions. In fact, the devices filter already shows ‘tags’, so more would just need to be added:

It would also be a bonus to only look at ‘unwatched’ or ‘watched’ tags which are currently only decipherable by their bold or unbolded titles. (Kind of along the lines of a ‘filter for events that created notifications’ comment)

Thanks for considering!!

I would really appreciate if you could add the filter for “motion”, “sounds”, or both for the events.

1 Like

Appreciate you adding to this conversation! Would love to see this happen as the UI is basically designed to make this happened by adapting the Camera filter.
Perhaps @UserCustomerGwen can comment if this thread has been seen by the team. At my work, this would make a great ‘Hackathon’ project for a couple devs :grimacing:.

1 Like

This has been seen by the team! It’s something that might happen someday but I haven’t heard plans for it at this point.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to create additional filter that would allow to select evens not only by cameras, but rather by detected sounds only or in conjunction with a selected cameras?

Thanks for adding to this topic, @Cepega! Great to hear you are thinking along the same lines as I was in this post above!
Hopefully we can get more people to chime in and ‘vote’ for this topic! (P.S. you got by clicking the ‘vote’ button all the way at the top by the title - it will say ‘voted’ when you have joined the 31 who already have)