Feature Request: Overlay Detected Motion Events on Playback Timeline

It would save me time reviewing recorded footage if I saw when motion occurred on the timeline so that I can focus in on those moments.

Maybe a star or a dot under the position in the scale to signify the occurrence of such events.

-Marlon

3 Likes

You can set the camera so it records to the card only when there’s motion. Those areas will be indicated by the green shading on the timeline. You can zoom in on the timeline by using a pinch-out gesture.

1. This may be true but not what the request ask for. I would love to see what the original request ask for. I would love to do continual recording but jump to motion events in an easy fashion.
3 Likes

I would like to have this feature as well. On my zmodo camera, the playback is highlighted in yellow when there is motion detected. I think there should be a firmware or software update that would be able to add this feature. Have the regular playback on SD card in blue but when there is motion detected in the playback, then it should be highlighted in a different color.

3 Likes

Agreed! Would be extremely helpful when constant recording to the SD card is used (which is all 13 of my Wyze cameras). I have converted almost all of my cameras from Zmodo and there are 2 things I miss. Being able to adjust the sensitivity for night vision to kick on/off and event tags in the video timeline. Zmodo used a different color for sound events and a different color for motion events. Made searching video much, much easier. It’s a little frustrating (especially if the event did not trigger a notification) to find the exact time on the video. I really hope this is something that can be added in the near future! I have 2 or 3 more Wyze cameras to buy and my arsenal will be complete :slight_smile:

Bump! Please it’s so hard to find the events on playback. Can you please include a noise overlay like decibels graph vs tims or event tags