Feature request: Camera plays a sound file when a detection is triggered

maybe-later

Hi all,

I’d like to ask the community if it would be possible to implement this feature: "When a sound/motion is detected by wyzecam, it will start to play a sound file (mp3/Flac/Wav) previously stored in the cloud.
Is it possible?

Thanks.
Bye.

Recordable/Canned audio response from Cam when motion detected
Automated voice message based on motion detection

I think this is what you’re asking for:

Please hop over there and VOTE for it at the top of the page.

If you mean something different (such as the sound being played by the camera itself), let us know.

Hi Rick,

This is exactly what I’d like to see implemented in wyzecam :slight_smile:
For instance, the cam detects a movement and it plays a sound file directly itself.
I hope that it makes sense now :slight_smile:
Bye.

Okay, I understand now. Something like “Hey, get off my porch”. :slight_smile:

I’ve moved this topic to the #roadmap section and you can now VOTE on it with the button at the top of this page.

I’ve also slightly modified the title to make it more clear for those browsing and searching.

Is it possible to have a standard voice message played out when motion is detected from Wyze cam may be with IFTTT integration? Yesterday, my cam detected a thief checking out my front porch. I am thinking it would be nice to have a standard message played out to scare off the thief.

I thought about that Friday night.
When a prowler posing as a delivery guy, had a driver n went to six different houses.

Then thinking mine was vacant made two more visits. Until I peered out the front door window, to signal him, off!

I joked about a message like, " Intruder Detected, release Poison Gas in 10 sec’s. Psssssst. "!!!

Canned and self recorded msg’s would help.

I told my brother, I want it for Alexa too!

Regarding different tone, I used IFTTT to send me text message when motion is detected. On my iphone, I have added custom tone, & custom vibration (vibration that would make me alert).

Here my intention was to use the mic on Wyze app to talk to the person (If thief, to scare off), but usually IFTTT notification/text message is much quicker. Opening Wyze app checking notification video, confirming it was someone not expected, talking through mic in Wyze mic is lot slower. (Notification video might not be available since 12 to 15 sec video capture might not be complete)

Ability to record to SD an audio alert that would play when motion is detected. Such as, “Camera detecting motion, you are being monitored”, etc.

Functional Features:

• Set time in clip duration when audio played, such as mid point where a person would be at the door. Should be adjustable.
  • Schedule when and which audio responses would be played