Background Audio

I had to revert to foscam too because of the lack of background audio.

2 Likes

Would like to hear audio when my phone is locked when using as a baby monitor

1 Like

I have two little ones and lots of friends with babies/kids. If the app allowed background audio when I’m using other apps or my phone is locked Wyze Cam would hands down be the cheapest/best baby monitor and I would tell all my friends to buy one (or three!).

Seriously, your Wyze Cam sales will shoot through the roof if you just add this one feature. Other than Wyze Cam I have used the Cloud Baby Monitor App on an iPod touch (fantastic app but expensive for the iPod touch and no night vision), Cocoon Cam (expensive), and old fashioned audio monitors (no video).

7 Likes

Not sure we’ll ever see this, but it wouldn’t hurt to vote for this up above

Yes, I both voted and commented to make sure my 2 cents count!

1 Like

I was just looking for how to do this today (using iOS here). Disappointed that this app doesn’t do what any radio app will, that is leave the sound on when the phone or tablet locks. I don’t want to leave the display on.

Seems like this would be simple to implement, not sure why it needs to be a “Maybe later” item. If you think some will complain about it, then make it an option in settings.

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t speak for Wyze’s dev team, but I will point out a couple things. Wyze does not have unlimited development resources. Running a slim efficient operation is part of why they can offer the products at the prices they do. Ease of development is a relative thing. It may not take a huge number of man-hours, but there is testing, etc involved. Also, it has to be done for iOS and Android at the same time, which may present different issues.

So it comes down to matters of priority. While votes is not the sole determinant of priority, this particular wish isn’t in the top 25 of vote getters yet. All of that may help explain its “maybe-later” status.

One possible workaround is to add your Wyze Cam to TinyCam Monitor which does support background audio. The only downsides are that the app is Android only, and you need the Pro version, which is $4.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Landscape View For Tablets

Has any thought been given to adding an option of turning the screen off but leaving the sound on? This would be useful for parents who use their wyze cam to monitor their babies. It have the advantage of saving the battery while still allowing parents to listen to their baby. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

@Roman yeah we’ve been requesting this feature since last year but no idea if they are even thinking about implementing it

3 Likes

VOTE for that option here:

1 Like

Done!

I would also really like this feature. I use wyze cam as a baby monitor.

Voted! Please add this!

Yes and no. I’m a HUGE fan of TinyCam Pro but if you are logged in with more than ONE TinyCam app, then the audio just straight refuses to connect :frowning: Currently, only one TinyCam Pro connection at a time!

Not sure what the root cause is, but if either co “fixes the glitch” i’ll report back.

1 Like

Good to know, I use TinyCam Pro but have not put it on multiple devices yet, but plan to.

Sad to see this get such little traction. Without background audio with the screen locked, we’ll have to go find a different Wifi camera. It’s literally the only missing feature otherwise I’m a diehard Wyze fan (the bulbs are lighting my living room and family room right now).

2 Likes

Yes! Please add this feature! Would make for a great baby cam if this feature existed.

Ugh, yes! Bought 5 of these intending to use 4 as baby/kid monitors. Just returned all but one as this is a must have feature for us. So disappointed. Will keep an eye on this for the future though, voted!