Feature request: alert for camera disconnection

Hi there!

One feature I really miss from previous security camera is the notification for camera disconnected.

It would be really great if you can add this feature. It’s really simple but could provide warning to the owners about power outage or camera being disconnected by someone.

Also because if motion detection is triggered but someone have chances to disconnect it before 15 seconds you’ll miss any notification!

Thanks.

3 Likes

That sounds like a feature that might be useful! Will pass this on to the team. Thanks!

Hi there!

Any news on the Estimated Time for this feature?

Thanks

following…

Hi alezzandro! Not yet, but have already notified the team about this.

I do check my cameras at least once a week to make sure they are still working. So far, these seem very reliable. However, I still anticipate them to “throw an error”, “flip a bit”, or, need to be “bounced”, once in awhile.

It appears this could be addressed in some sorta “try catch throw finally” statement.

Any updates or estimated time frame of this happening? I would really love this feature for days like today when they are working on the power since I use my camera to keep an eye on my saltwater tank.

Me too

Any updates?

Hello, i am also interested in this, i thought of a simple way of adding this feature to the app, if your camera doesnt generate an alert for more than 90 minutes (user configurable, as each wyze user knows what is normal for his camera position) we can presume power went off/ or device is unresponsive & an email or alert could be sent to the wyzecam user.

if this is in the roadmap already could someone supply a link to it? thanks

Here you go:

Would also love an updated eta on this feature.

Hello @nathanpizazz, here’s the roadmap topic for this where you can vote for this feature, doing this will allow the Wyze development team to see it’s request.

Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification & Log

1 Like