Feature enhancement: Selecting motion tagging area

beta

I really like the ability to select the area for motion tagging. But, let’s face it, most of us don’t have a rectangle that we’d like to monitor. It’s an odd shape. So, by using a rectangle we either have to include an area that will cause unneeded alerts or eliminate an area that should be monitored.

Would it be possible to have multiple rectangles? Or at least let us draw the border freehand?

This would take the motion detection to the next level and one that we could all benefit from.

would love to see this as well… wyzecam would also optimize spend by eliminating all the unnecessary cloud recordings

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll make sure the Devs see this!

I would like to set up motion tagging areas but my camera doesn’t seem to have that ability. I follow the instructions but there is no section that I can find. I have a first generation camera and all firmware is up to date.

Please confirm you are also running app version 1.3+. This feature should be open on V1 as well (just checked myself on my personal unit!)

Please let me know if it does not show up, as well as a screenshot of the settings page. Thanks!

3.9.3.62 is my version. I’ve tried updating and I am told I’m up to date. Nothing shows up as per the directions in the email.

That would be the firmware of the camera, you can find your app version in the ‘My Account’.

yes some camera allows you to basically paint the areas of interest, and some allow you to have a different alert set to those areas. For example, xxcrest cameras allow this motion detection masking to be done, but they didn’t (atleast last time I checked) didn’t have different alerts for these different areas. It thinks this would cut down on many notifications as 90% of mine are from pesty tree branches or hanging flower pots that are in the middle of the detection area.

+1 for Free-hand detection zones, with my camera placement my street is running diagonally across 1/3 of the FOV so a rectangle is pretty useless.

TO THE DEVELOPERS: Yes, I agree, that would be a fantastic feature enhancement. And that would be a great feature to EMPHASIZE in advertising the cameras. There are still many IP cameras that don’t offer this feature. Traffic from cars further out in the street in front of your house or building… Think of how many fewer unimportant motion detection uploads to the cloud there would be, as well as in your app on your phone. We all get too many false motion hits already from tree branches, passing cars in the , etc. Is this a difficult feature for the developers to create? Please- the area to mask or exclude should be “free form”- not a rectangle.

Thanks for listening to our feedback!

I also need that free-hand detection zones feature. Right now I have to reduce the detection area to avoid unwanted notification, so I can not fully cover the area I want to.