Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Please add the ability to see what you are fast forwarding when trying to find something from a sd card recording. To have to watch real time to see what you are looking for doesn’t really seem like the best solution.

Thanks

1 Like

This is absolutely crucial if we don’t have events visible on the timeline.

I’m spending nearly an trying to find the clip I need

1 Like

This would be a great feature to have.
Please move it up in the queue for programing.
Thank you
CJ

1 Like

Hi @CJ454. I agree don’t forget to vote on it so it moves up in the queue

Where do you vote.

If you scroll to the top of this thread, you can vote at the top left. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you

1 Like

You’re welcome!

I noticed that I can vote again each day I come back to this thread, imagine the vote count if we all did that for the topics we care the most about!

Hmm…interesting…I have never been able to do that. Lol :upside_down_face: I just tried it and that doesn’t work for me.

I forgot, my browser always runs inside a sandbox, so the vote ticker might be storing data on a local cookie?This text will be blurred

1 Like

Uh… Please don’t do that. It will reduce my ability to use the Wishlist as a representation of interest and make suggestions for features and products based off of it. :sweat:

6 Likes

Sorry! My bad!

1 Like

No worries! I’m glad to know that some people CAN do that.

Is it possible to replay saved video streams in fast forward? 2x, 3x or 4x normal speed as an example?.
It sure would help when trying to review an event and are restricted to real time.

Thanks.

Welcome back, @1silverfox. I have moved your post to this #wishlist topic so you can vote on it at the top-left. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@1silverfox Yes, the video stream you can record in the app produces a normal MP4 that you can view or manipulate in many different programs at much faster than realtime speed.

You still have to capture the video from the camera in real time, which is often non-trivial if you have a poor or intermittent internet connection at home or the remote location. ( hence the requests for FTP or similar method to more quickly export video from a remote WyzeCam )

But once saved in the WYZE app album, you can export that video to your camera roll, Google Drive , etc using the usual Android/iOS methods.

Then it’s easy to put on a Mac/PC to view and manipulate in VLC or whatever program you prefer.

I have not had the time to try it yet, but apparently you can then do the motion detection using Python and OpenCv ;

I agree that a timeline chart is a great way to move forward but probably more difficult. An adjustable play rate is a more deliverable item but just 10x, as mentioned in another post, is not terribly useful. That’s 10 frames a minute, a frame every 6 seconds. A lot can happen in 6 seconds. 2x through 10x makes more sense.
And sooner than later since it would improve the usability of your product immensely.

This topic is very old and still no fast forward in the app, what is the eta to this option being added ?

1 Like

Currently the status at the top says ‘maybe-later’, that means they are not working on it but have not ruled it out in the future. When they start actively looking at it, it will change to researching, until then it is just a waiting game.

3 Likes