Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

image.png

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

Thank goodness they finally released a Wyze hoodie to keep me warm while I spend hours trying to find the moment where someone stole all the Halloween candy from my porch. At least I’ll have a branded hoodie sleeve to wipe my tears. :laughing:

2 Likes

WE NEED FAST FORWARD OPTION IN THE PLAYBACK, NO DELAY PLEASE

i have to tell you, Louise, since your WYZE cameras don’t catch 100% motions, from the view of user experience, it is really not tolerable that it doesn’t have a fast forward option when you try to find something important in the long time playback. I suggest your technical team consider adding this function, otherwise a lot of people like me won’t bother to recommend your products.

I hope you pass my suggestion to your management and get it done as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

1 Like

has any progress been made on this feature?

1 Like

Didn’t hear anything from you.

Are you going to add this feature or not?

1 Like

Are we moving our collective voice over to Discord? Still really want this fixed.

1 Like

Yes!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

It appears that the reply was written in 2018. It’s now 2021. Any updates?

1 Like

When the v3 cam came out and it still didn’t support fast playback, I gave up. I no longer recommend Wyze cameras to my clients.

1 Like

It’s too bad. They have good hardware but lack a similar level of quality in the software area.

1 Like

Could you please add High-speed scrubbing capability to you video Playback function like Ring has where you can scroll bar through video and see it while scrolling? The current Wyze function only allows you to jump to specific times (and it usually ends up jumping beyond or before the actual time you wanted). Or at least put a +10s / -10s and +60s / -60s jump forward and backward function. Trying to get to a specific time on the time bar is almost impossible. This has been a requested feature for a long time now. Can Wyze please confirm if this is on their product roadmap? I have not seen any substantial improvements to the overall l functionality of the software. Is Wyze spending all their time rolling out new products and not spending any time on improving existing ones?

8 Likes

I’ve been trying for years! Don’t hold your breath!

1 Like

I know, I know. You would think for such a fundamental feature that most other cloud-based video systems support that it should be a no-brainer. An acceptable workaround would be the ability to download segments of the Playback timeframe and scan through the video on an outside video player but alas, Wyze still hasn’t created the ability to download specific timelines of video. You have to real-time record an entire segment which is really annoying if you want to download more than a few minutes of video.

2 Likes

Btw everyone, nypconsult is on the wyse payroll… or at the least he gets kickbacks for positive comments. Just like a good government lobbyist!

I wish they paid me but not the case you all just have to accept it’s not going to happen !!!
so easy to view look for an event the get time and go to your reply same time line and move slider very slowly it takes a few seconds but all can be seen
i have 6 cameras and all get view from timeline

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Do you know that’s true? if so, he’s a troll

The only thing I noticed about #nypconsult is that he/she seems to always side with the Company.

1 Like

I have been using the discord to voice my concern for this as well. I hope Wyze can give us an update soon.

Wyze needs to step up their game because there are better options with these basic features now.

1 Like

So the majority of the roadmap right now is launched or in pre-order, I think only around 15% of roadmap items are still in development. Is there opportunity to work on software improvements in an upcoming quarter?

@UserCustomerGwen what can we do as customers to get this feature out of the maybe category?

3 Likes

I’m so tired of patiently waiting for this important promised feature that most other cameras already have. It’s been forever and Wyze STILL has this categorized as ‘Maybe later’ (translation: we’re not doing it even though we said we would, so buy cam plus subscription and pay us money forever instead). I stopped recommending these cameras for this sole reason… it doesn’t matter how much video you capture if half the time you can’t find what you are looking for in all the recorded video. We NEED 2X, 4X speed scrubbing!

2 Likes