Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

It just shows it’s doable with software!

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

I would like to see better control of fast forward and rewind on wyze cams playback.

Why is anyone even asking such questions? You do know this thread is over 2 years old.
There is NO WAY they can add this feature to the existing cams… MOVE ON , they are just trying to stay in business selling these inferior cameras by promising us fake hope… this is crazy…

When?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

This is actually an app interface issue, so once it’s added it could be used with any of the cameras.

I will believe it when I see it . All I have seen it talk… nothing else…no real action,

Wyze also has this same interface featured on their video for home monitoring. You can see it is also showing multiple cameras! @UserCustomerGwen is this a feature coming to Wyze HMS for all cameras? Any chance we can toggle to the full timeline instead of just clips?

@johnnybo I feel your pain. I think they are aware, every youtube review I’ve seen mentions the difficulty reviewing footage. If I know software and companies patching together multiple products, my bet is that Wyze will be looking to build a more unified codebase and a set of APIs that works across products, perhaps Noonlight is helping them get there. I’m holding out hope that these features will come as a result of this.

Gwendolyn, any thoughts? How are things in the world of Wyze codebases?

wyze_hms

This needs to be moved up from maybe later to should have been done years ago.This is one of the biggest issues with the Wyze system. Viewing playback is atrocious.

2 Likes

I have to agree on this one, the tags on this post need an update. And play back is indeed a pain, the speed boxs should next to each other in clip playback and need a .5 speed, and we need those speeds in the SD card playback as well as a better Fast forward and rewind, that drag bar is super hard to get into just the right spot.

Yep I agree.

I’m also worried that Cam Plus won’t have a 24/7 timeline to review. If they only show events footage that will be really limiting because events doesn’t capture everything. We need a way to easily scrub through all the footage to find what events didn’t capture.

Ive been asking for years. Just stop buying and spread the word until they implement this REQUIRED feature!

I think we need more people to vote and more comments.

1 Like

whats to vote on… old thread never going to happen with our existing devices… throw them in the trash or sell them off and get cameras that work…

You all only paid $20 what do u really expect everything a $300.00 camera gives you
I am just happy I can see live shots outside without getting up
and if I really have to see something I have 64 gig cards in them and the record for over 6 days each cam (4 total )
FOR THE PRICE AND NIGHT VISION QUALITY Im a happy customer

1 Like

You have no idea what I paid and assure you it was not just 20 … but your right for 25 -50 we got cameras with no real way to do fast playback and yet still have the ability to go poof when thy light up on fire… So you proved our point… why waste the time anymore with these…

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

Nobody said they weren’t a happy customer. None of us were upset we just simply stated a feature that is lacking and would be appreciated by the community. And most of us find this to be a very integral part of any camera and something that should have been done a long time ago. If you disagree suit yourself. I’m happy with my cameras but I would be twice as happy with this feature added. It’s a very rudimentary feature for a camera that would be easy to add and should have been added a long time ago

If you go and buy just about any other camera on the market. 10$ or 1000$ doesn’t matter it will most likely have a fast forward and rewind feature for playback. This is simply somewhere Wyze has dropped the ball (probably hoping people will subscribe to Cam Plus cause playback is a pain) there is nothing wrong with us wanting this feature and feeling like it should be included. Wether the camera cost 20$ or not doesn’t change that.

Everybody always seems to say they are 20$ cameras. So what? that means we can’t provide feedback, improve them, and make them better while still retaining a reasonable price tag? I disagree.

1 Like

I have a hunch they are working this out with their home security software partnership. I bet the team reads our comments and chuckles at us arguing back and forth.

It would be awesome to see a status change soon though!

1 Like

that is true! something else that would be a tremendous help is being able to type in two points in time (start and stop) an instead of having to sit there and wait for the recording i can go back to what i was doing and get a notification with the options to
watch || save || share
in the notification when its done.

Because right now the app takes up any hope of “multitasking” because it has to be in the foreground while its doing what it do. God forbid you get a call. You answer all mad at the caller for not being psychic. Or you ignore the call unaware it was a call back for a role major motion picture. Now nobody answering when you return the call!

Under the “view playback” option, it would be helpful to have the ability to fast-forward or rewind (2X, 4X, etc) to review recent footage. The current method is quick, but you can easily skip over what you are looking for.

1 Like