Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

This is pretty much the same response we have seen for a long time. Somehow I think this might get implemented one year but not any time soon , I suggest if you need or want the forward and fast forward to view quicker that you get another type of camera that supports that, there are certainly lots out there many that recently came out in the market that work very well, I keep hearing the same response over and over and over, “but haven’t given up on it yet” Getting Old!

2 Likes

I feel bad for Gwendolyn having to constantly defend this deficiency, and I definitely understand battling technological issues with very limited chip space.

I also GREATLY APPRECIATE the new feature where you can jump from the 12 sec event clip to that exact spot in the SD Card playback timeline. This is a HUGE improvement!!

But I am still running into situations where I need to personally scan through hours of footage to locate something that happened, but did not trigger a Wyze event - too quiet, too far away from the cam, or outside of a detection zone.

Usually this happens on cams several hours round trip drive away from me in vacant buildings connected by hotspots so that manually copying or swapping out the sd card is not a viable option.

And I agree with everyone else that recording the stream is tedious and unreliable for anything over a few minutes.

It seems to me that direct FTP access to the sd card in the cam from the mobile app would effectively solve this issue as well as any archival needs.

Just put the smaller code (SFTP server or client) in the cam and put the larger code in the app. Many (most?) modern phones or tablets could absord a 32 GB download for a brief time. Then you could dump all the 1 minute files to a desktop to massage and search as needed using any of numerous free/cheap programs.

I have seen the posts about using a WiFi capable sd card and a ribbon cable, but it seems to me that these cards just create a hotspot and you still have to be in the same room as the device to copy data off. Does anyone have more accurate details on this?

I have already upvoted “Fast Forward/Rewind In Playback” and “Direct access to SD card with download ability”.

I really like my Wyze cams, but the need for a solution or workaround is fast becoming critical. Any wisdom from anyone is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

This is seriously overdue. The only option is to remove the SD card and play it on PC - or watch hours of saved footage to catch an event

2 Likes

Would like to have 10 second rewind and fast forward increment capabilities instead of having to slide the scale

1 Like

Almost 2 years and no sign of this. I did not realize this until I got the camera. This is a major drawback,
I will test one camera and if I find it difficult to review the video, I will end up returning this. :frowning:

2 Likes

Is there currently or is it proposed that we be able to view the camera footage in advanced speed so that one could more qaulickly go through the footage to find relevant information?

[Moderator Note: This is a merged topic.]

3 posts were split to a new topic: Moving between events on SD card playback

All I can say if you been watching that thread is: When PIGS FLY…

almost 2 years later. they still haven’t implement the most useful feature for a security cam. what a disgraceful company. They even removed the person detection now. Wyze team sucks

what’s even worst is most PC doesn’t have micro SD slot. We have to buy additional hardware to use it. such a pain.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Please include fast forward or rewind button when we view playback videos. I hate the slider timeline. It’s so slow. I rather have rewind and watch instead of keep sliding slowly and slowly.

The problem they have run into is the way the current file management system is, in February they posted that they had issues due to that and last month they posted that they have not given up on it. Person Detection was removed because the company they were working with got purchased. They are currently beta testing the new in-house person detection and are slowly rolling it out.

2 Likes

Yes PLEASE add a fast forward/rewind feature… As has been mentioned it’s a pain in the glutes to be searching for a specific incident that might not have been captured except on continuous recording.

Fast Forward/Rewind is a great feature to have, definitely, but I am more incline to have a way of transferring the whole video recorded into the phone, so using a traditional player, allows you to look for the event, you can save it, and format the card, and move on

Never ever going to happen…
This Thread is older and less promising than my old Girlfriend…
Need I say more… When PIGS FLY

1 Like

So sad that a company - WYZE - that claims to be so consumer centered, abandons us in pursuit of profits with new product roll-outs. I can’t see a scenario where a reasonable funding would not solve this major issue in the player. WYZE just does not want to invest.

Wyze Cams really need a fast forward/reverse on playback. It isn’t always practical to pull the SD card and view it elsewhere.

When will this need be fulfilled?

1 Like

Also maybe instead of a button, when the user double taps left/right side of screen to rewind/skip video. This would greatly help users from skipping too far forward or backwards.

Looking forward to this too

Did I miss something or is this thread older than dirt and never going to happen? at least not to our cameras we have.