Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Curious “aschmitt” about what kind of tools one could use to scroll.

I find the interface just fine for reviewing. But the problem is review at 2x, 3x, 4x etc speed.

1 Like

I was just thinking about merging them together into a short video…. Watching a video on a phone really isn’t my favorite thing… (over 30) J

1 Like

Someone in this forum kindly recommended Tiny Cam Cloud. You pay a bit of money per month (a minor amount ) and can download footage in 20min segments.
They are a third party app not approved by Wyze. Plus I have to say I don’t like them having access to my camera in this way but I need something to scan through long periods of footage.

It’s not ideal but it’s a work around while we wait for Wyze.

Again acknowledgments and thanks to whoever originally recommended this tool.

I’m old too.

2 Likes

If you’re going to pay for a service, you could get Wyze’s Continuous Motion Capture for $1.49 per month per camera.

The Event GUI is pretty user friendly, much better than the Playback GUI. And, the Event GUI lets you download the clips from the cloud. I wish Wyze would just replace the Playback GUI w/ the Event GUI.

1 Like

Yes I have CMC already. I need to be able to see context beyond what the CMC is capturing.

I toggle between the Event GUI and the Playback GUI. I appreciate both.

What is needed is a 2x, 3x, 4x etc to scrub through footage quickly without jumping frames. The Tiny Cam Cloud does that (up to 3x but better than nothing).

1 Like

Is it in “the future” yet? This was posted in Nov. of 2018 and it’s now 2020, Still no feature. All the sci-fi movies I watch would tell me that by 2020 we are now in the future… but alas still no feature. I had a thief dump a purse in my parking lot last night and I need to get the footage to the police, but I can’t go through all the footage from 5:00 pm till 9:00 am… Please let me know how other than taking out my SD card and uploading all the footage to my computer.

Thanks,

2 Likes

This is one of the major downsides to these cameras. It’s why I only use it to check up on my pets instead of security purposes. I would recommend checking out the wyze cam reddit as they have a good amount of contributes as well. I recall someone being able to create a time-lapse video without pulling the SD card. Good luck.

1 Like

I have 5 Wyze cam V2 cameras. Prior to this I had a camera from another vendor, that had a very nice feature for reviewing playbacks from the microSD card in the camera. Their app had the ability to view the playback in either normal speed(x1) , double speed(x2) and quadruple speed(x4). This was a nice feature that would add value for your products.

Something for your developers to consider

Curtis

1 Like

We still would like to make this happen at some point but our file system makes this harder than we were expecting back in 2018. We haven’t given up yet but we also haven’t figured out a solution for this issue. We apologize for that.

5 Likes

hey Gwendolyn… I just figured that you had the select all/delete all option that you could add in a download all option next to the delete all…
Oh well… have a great weekend… regards

2 Likes

How about a jump to next/previous event?

1 Like

Currently, you can use the < and > buttons to jump to the previous or next event in the timeline. This is helpful when the camera is set to Record events only.

4 Likes

I was able to go through my video minute by minute and we were able to see the bad guy in our video. Plus across the street there is another business that uses Wyze cameras, they got him too. We have put our videos together and sent them off to the police. hoping it’s enough to get this bad guy caught.

1 Like

Has there been any kind of movement with this feature? I posted on reddit last week talking about this very issue. My grandma was abused by her nurse last Friday and it took entirely way too long to go through 4 hours of video to try and locate every instance the lady put her hands on my grandma.
There needs to be a way to see the images as you’re rewinding or fast forwarding through the playback. Like maybe popup boxes like Netflix or YouTube has. There’s just way too much lag while you wait for the video to finally catch up to the time you just scrolled to.
Its absolutely ridiculous and this needs to be simplified.

We are incredibly sorry to hear that this happened to your grandmother. The person managing the Reddit account shared this with the team when you posted. There hasn’t been traction on this because our file management system makes fast forward challenging. We haven’t fully given up on it but we did have to go back to the drawing board.

We hope that your grandma is doing okay.

1 Like

You may want to hop over and vote for this wishlist item. If implemented, it would allow you to download the video from the card over the local network without having to remove the card. You could then easily scan through the video in fast forward in Windows Media Player or macOS QuickTime Player.

3 Likes

In addition to ff and rewind speed would be skip forward and backward to motion detected points. This way you could skip to motion events and see more then 12 seconds. I know it conflicts with cloud pay service but should have been option from beginning in my opinion.

1 Like

Are we still voting on this?? Really … this should of been implemented long ago either they can not or do not have the coders and engineers for it… Either way , Really, why so long… Should be a roll out fix like a synology update…

1 Like

We haven’t been able to get this implemented when we’ve tried but haven’t given up on it yet (so we haven’t put it in probably-not).

4 Likes

Was pretty bummed this wasnt a feature already as it seems pretty basic of any video playback. I want to be able to watch a few hours of footage pretty quickly to see whats gone on throughout the day - or to see how many times my dog has changed couches. Hope this happens soon!

2 Likes