FAQs

In the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, search for WyzeCam and download the Wyze app from Wyze Labs Inc.

The Wyze App supports Android 5.0+ and iOS 8.0+.

The Wyze App requires Android 5.0+ and iOS 8.0+
There is no limit to the number of cameras that can be set up or shared in the Wyze App. However, you can only view the live stream from one camera at a time.
In the Wyze app, the Devices tab lists the WyzeCams that you have set up or have had shared with you. It displays a static image of the last time you viewed the live stream feed from each camera. Tap on the image to enter the live stream feed for any individual camera.

Tips & Tricks:

Tap the HD/SD icon to toggle between HD and SD video quality.

Tap the Night vision icon to toggle night vision between on/off/auto.

Use two fingers to stretch and pinch to digitally zoom in and out.

Tap the Sound icon to turn sound on/off.

Use the Record and Take Photo buttons to record a video or take a photo. Videos and photos are stored in your phone’s gallery and can be accessed either through the Album in the Wyze app or your phone’s photo gallery.

Hold the Voice icon to talk through the WyzeCam’s speaker. The camera will automatically turn on the sound to listen for a response when you release the Voice icon.

Tap the Album icon to view, share or delete manually recorded photos or videos.

Your WyzeCam has the ability to automatically record a 10-15 second alert video when it detects motion, sound, or CO monitor and smoke alarm sirens. Alert videos are automatically stored in the AWS cloud via end-to-end encryption and can be viewed for up to 14 days in the Notifications tab of the Wyze app. After 14 days, alert videos are deleted and cannot be recovered. Since alert videos are stored in the AWS cloud, they will be available for the full 14 days after the video was captured, even if your WyzeCam is lost or damaged.

Alert videos can be saved or shared by tapping the Share button in an individual alert video. They can be deleted by tapping the Delete button on the same page.

You can turn on/off the recording of each type of alert video independently:

In the Devices tab, tap the camera for which you would like to change the alert video settings. Tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner.

Under Alert Settings, toggle each option on/off (Motion detection, Sound detection, Smoke detection, CO detection). When motion detection and sound detection are turned on, you can select the level of sensitivity that will trigger an alert video.

When you toggle between HD and SD, how do I tell which is which? Is it the case that if HD is showing when I select the device, then it’s in that mode, or is that a button to make it HD?

Dumb question I know, but it’s really not clear.

Is there a way to invert the footage? I only see the ability to reverse the image… 180. To get a better idea, I’m thinking if the magnetic base is on the top to attach it magnetically to say the eve of my house, the image is currently upside down with no option to flip the image.

The Rotate Image 180 under camera settings should fix that issue, was it not correctly that camera for you in that scenario?

Is there a website where I can go to view the 14 day cloud storage of video snippets? Or are they only available via phone app?

Those videos are only available through the phone app.

Wow, this is a case of operator error apparently! I’m honestly not sure what I did the first time I checked this out! I just tried it, and sure enough, it flipped the image. Thanks for the quick response! I have only had mine a few days and I’m impressed! I see a few software things I would change, but it looks like you guys are already in the works of the only things I want to see changed. I want the zone selection ability for the motion detection so it doesn’t pick up every car that drives down my street. Otherwise, I’m impressed! Keep up the good work. I think your effort to reach out directly to the customer in this forum to constantly improve your product should be practiced by more companies! I’m telling everyone I know about these cameras! Sorry for the long response… I may just be a little excited about the camera and your company! :slight_smile:

Likely not operator error! We’ve seen a few cameras start up with the rotation image engaged, not sure why but it’s an easy fix! Glad it was easy for you too! Thank you for the feedback and we are glad you are excited!

The way I tell if I’m in HD or SD mode is if the HD letters are green above the viewing picture on my cell phone, then I’m in HD mode. Hope that helps.

I’ve been trying to figure out the difference / connection between the ‘alerts’ and ‘playback’. I don’t see this explained in the FAQs here in the forums (I’m still looking) or in the FAQs on the website. It think it’s work spelling out the difference and relationship between the two.

Here is what I believe is occurring.

Alerts are generated when motion (or sound - depending what alerts are turned on) is detected. It records a 12-14 second video, uploads that to the cloud (where it’s stored for 14 days) and send the notification. Then it does nothing for 5 mins regardless of any motion that may be present. They is looks for motion again.

If you have a SD card you can also record ‘continuously’ (which is all the time of course) or ‘record on event.’ From what I can tell and have seen from other posts the later will record a minimum of 1 min of video, but will continue to record until motion ends and will restart immediately if motion starts again (unlike the alerts where 5 mins must elapse.) I see this was briefly mentioned in one of the YouTube tip video’s, but not in any detail.

I’m not sure most users understand this so I’d recommend adding to your FAQs. Also does ‘playback’ work over a cell network or just when on the local Wi-Fi? So far it only appears to work on Wi-Fi, in which case I have not seen that stated in the FAQ’s either (or in the YouTube video on playback.)

Please ignore the picture. I included in the wrong post and it won’t let me delete it!

I believe everything you said to be true.

Im pretty sure I did get the Playback to work off my local network (on WiFi at work), but it was not great and didn’t really scan properly.

When I open my Wyze app, I get a message that says:

“A new firmware version is available. Please upgrade to get the latest features.”

When I press “upgrade,” nothing happens. Should I uninstall the app and re-install in order to upgrade? Apologies if this question in answered elsewhere. I could not locate a solution.

if 2 (or more) cameras are used how would I choose which one to view ?

On the devices screen, it shows each camera and you touch the one you want to check.

thank you Sir - I will get that 2nd camera now (because of that answer)

How do I delete account. To start over

from beginning?

What is the difference between version 1 and version 2 of the Wyze cam?

I just received and set up my Wyzecam v2. Initially, the images were in color. I just did the upgrade and finished setting the camera up and now the images are in black and white. Did I do something wrong?

Sorry I just discovered I had it set for night vision. Problem solved.

The cloud video and alert seem to only work when my iPhone Wyze app is open. So this would imply that I must leave the app open 24-7. Is this true?

Is it possible to turn off the automatic upload to AWS cloud storage?