"false positives" on car detection with Cam Plus

Hey everyone - having a small issue with one of my cameras that happens to be facing my driveway. There is always at least one car in frame parked. The issue I seem to be having is that if there is enough motion to trigger the camera to “think” about what it is seeing - as in bushes moving, lights coming on, etc. The AI then says “Hey there’s a car!” and I get a push notification that a car was detected. This is really annoying since I’m getting push notifications about a parked car when it wasn’t the actual car moving that triggered the event. Any ideas on how to manage this better?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @jkarnes . I, like you, am a community member who tries to help when I can.

This is a known issue which Wyze is looking into a method to determine alerting when the car is actually moving. If you have a camera pointing to your driveway, you may want to consider turning off Vehicle in the Cam Plus AI detection area.

How do I actually do that? In the UI under notifications, I see the little slider to turn AI events on or off, but don’t see anything about enabling or disabling individual types of AI events?

Not a problem. Go to the Event Recording Menu in settings, then click on Cam Plus and uncheck Vehicle.

Does that make sense?

Yes, Thank you! I hope they come up with a solution soon as I hate to disable vehicle detection on the camera that covers the driveway, but this should at least give me a way to not have vehicle detection alert in the middle of the night when there is other motion in the frame and it just sees my parked car :slight_smile:

1 Like