False motion light activations

I tried posting a new topic in the WishList and it was put under a similar request from 3 years ago that’s labeled as Maybe Later. To me that seems like “ain’t never gonna happen”. Was hoping that recent discussions might revive the idea.

For how many people that post that the they get false alerts from flashing lights, bugs, shadows, leaves etc, it sounds like Wyze would sell a lot of these stand-alone units as V3 accessories.

Cam Plus can only do so much. AI detection filtering takes time to be able to send out a notification and is better suited to look at events after they’ve happened. For people that want to know about motion from a person, animal or vehicle as it’s happening to be able to get to the Livestream or microphone, waiting for a notification from AI filtering out waving tree branches from actual persons or vehicles may be too long. PIR isn’t perfect, but comparing the amount of false notifications I get on my Wyze floodlight (hardly anything) versus my V3 (about 10-20 a day and night) tells me that the PIR sensors are good for something without sacrificing time waiting for a clip to be uploaded to the cloud, analyzed by AI and then a notification being generated.