Fall back? Time change messed up rules

On my iPhone and iPad running the latest Beta 2.6.55 all my schedules are correct. My wife is running production iOS I honestly can’t remember the version but no issues there either.

2 Likes

So if the Beta app changes the schedules (in some cases and in random ways, apparently), does the camera also automatically update itself to the new time? I’ve been thru several time changes since I bought my first camera, and never have I had a camera automatically update.

So it would be bad if the schedules were being changed but the cameras weren’t also.

I am not running the Beta app at this time.

This morning I went into Playback mode of a camera in the production app to check a longer version of something that just happened, and when I called up live view it asked me if I wanted to update the camera’s time. Dummy me said ‘yes’, then I realized it was going to record over the incident I was interested in, and the timeline wasn’t going to let me advance past the now hour back time, even though the timeline past the new current time was blue.

I assume I could have pulled the card at that point and looked at it with a computer, but it wasn’t interesting enough to go through the trouble. Just something else for them to consider. Falling back will re-record and lose the hour where it falls back.

2 Likes

Wow! I haven’t seen this issue since the day of mainframes. Glad other systems caught up. :grinning:

1 Like

Logic should be consistent. It is odd that schedules are changed when the clocks are not. At least in both of our cases.

What happens when we fly to a different time zone? Will this same mis-mash occur? Maybe we just have to click no? Time travel can cause many issues.

This happened with my non beta app on Android as well. I had to push all my times up an hour.

1 Like

Flying to another time zone is a different issue, but a similar problem remains – the app doesn’t recognize that you are in 2 different time zones, so it will keep asking if you want to sync the cameras to your device’s time.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize this is the beta section, I’m not running beta , I’m running 2.5.36

1 Like

@HDRock Yeah I flagged it to push to the non beta section. I’m running the same version as you.

2 Likes

I moved it since I created it… and added the android tag since the iOS users say they are fine.

I’m on beta so that’s where I generally post issues… didn’t realize non-beta would be affected as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for moving it. Apparently this issue happened with the spring forward in March as well. I didn’t notice it in the spring oddly.

Then it’s only a problem twice a year… no hurry to get it fixed.

1 Like

We actually thought we had fixed the camera DST logic. I checked on this last week. I’m looking into why things are so inconsistent and we apologize for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Just to be clear, this specific problem doesn’t appear to be a camera issue, but one with the app.

When the phone updated to DST, the rules with times went wonky - at least on Android. Time “fell back” on the phone, but the app adjusted rule times instead of just leaving then alone. For example, 7am in a rule became 8am.

1 Like

Much appreciated! I’m also seeing some cameras not updating while others on the same account did. And it looks like Android Rules are more adversely affected than iOS.

2 Likes

@None your rule went forward (1 hr later) from 7 am to 8 am? All my rules changed to 1 hour earlier not later. For example, a rule that turns something on at 5 pm turned on at 4 pm instead.

1 Like

So many inconsistencies.

Yes, I know it’s strange, but as I put in the OP, the night time went from 6pm to 5pm, but the morning went from 7am to 8am.

1 Like

I was referring to how the cams act generally. They work different for different people.

And I was replying to someone else.

Worse yet, if you’re traveling there is no way to correct the camera clock because of the long-standing problems with the camera and your phone being in different time zones. I sure wish a Wyze would correct this fundamental design flaw.

1 Like