Fails to Sync Time in New Zealand

Sorry - perhaps I should have replied to your post directly.
I managed to create and send a log file - Hope it helps.
log file #49305

2 Likes

Great work Kiwi’s, Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.
Now just need to sort out the Aussy’s on Sunday .

2 Likes

Go kiwis!

1 Like

Hello New Zealand Folks,

We have discussed the issue with our developers. We found the root cause. It is due to we limited the time zone to be in between GMT-12 to GMT+12 (make sense, right? there are 24 hours in a day:). We didn’t think there is chance that there could be a GMT-13 time zone. It was an interesting discussion though, imagine taking a geography class with a group of developers…

Anyway, they are working on the fix right now and the fix will be available in 2.15 release. For the time being, I am sorry for the inconvenience. You may have to pretend that your camera is on your lovely neighboring country’s territory.

I really appreciate the feedback and log you provided. I apologize for the lack of geographic knowledge but now we learned it from you! Thank you Wyze international users! We are learning to provide better products and services to everyone and thank you for your help to make Wyze better!

6 Likes

Great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Wyze - easy mistake :wink:

1 Like

There’s also a UTC+14 timezone too! UTC+13 isn’t just NZ during daylight savings; in 2011 Samoa changed from UTC-11 to using UTC+13. Samoa also observes daylight savings, and so part of the year is in UTC+14 (along with part of the Line Islands).

2 Likes

Thanks guys
I hope when you did that geography class you managed to find a World map with New Zealand on it :smile:

2 Likes

Like this: Can You Name a Country? - YouTube

2 Likes

You have to love that awesome whiz kid. :sweat_smile:

In case you want to test, there is a beta version for you.

Fixed a bug that would impact Daylight Savings Time transitions Fixed a bug that prevented syncing with GMT+13 and GMT+14 time zones Known issues

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Hi again @deeley.julie Found a work around to open an eMail ticket.

Click this link to Open a Support Ticket
Pretend you have a Outdoor Camera problem when you go to the Contact Us link on the Open a Support Ticket Page.

Just fill in a silly complaint (Kiwi ate my homework) and continue with NO answers until you finish suggestions.
You’ll get to an eMail prompt where you’ll be able to enter acutal problem statement.

@robjg @gpf @OzKiwi Posted the firmware patch which above is in Beta now.
If you’d like to test it out, Join the Beta team.

Out of Beta Test. :smiley:

1 Like

Yay! Works now!

2 Likes

Had to go and hit the time sync button after installing, but time is displaying correctly now.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Glad the new updated worked! 9:30 PM Pacific (-7 GMT Daylignt Time) Servers on-line.

This just in 19 minutes ago:

1 Like

Great work Wyze Team. Thanks from down under :slight_smile:

3 Likes