Fails to Sync Time in New Zealand

Lol. I’ll wait on the fix.

1 Like

The new firmware didn’t fix it.

1 Like

4.10.6.193 (October 5, 2020) Pan
4.9.6.193 (October 5, 2020) V2
Sorry to hear that FW didn’t work. Time to open a Wyze Support Ticket.

I live in New Zealand and have also just noticed that my cameras (V2 with 4.9.6.193 software) are displaying New Zealand standard time and not daylight savings time.

The cameras are 1 hour behind.

Daylight saving started here 2 weeks ago. I have double-checked my Android devices (A phone and tablet) that run the wize app and the devices both adjusted to daylight time 2 weeks ago.

I have tried going into the camera settings and using the sync time option. This always fails with either “sync time failed” (on wifi) or “network timed out” on mobile internet.

I would love to raise a support ticket but seem to keep getting into the page popup wizard that eventually just points me to a USA phone number.

How to you raise a ticket in text?

3 Likes

I don’t know how to raise a ticket. Like you the only option I get is a phone number!

1 Like

You are correct. Looks like we can no longer open a support ticket with the link. The phone won’t work until next week and Monday is a holiday. Best answer could find for now is to sent a app log. Instructions are in the link below:

If none of this works, please submit an app log . You can do this withIn the Wyze app. Go to My Account -> Help & Feedback -> tap Report and Issue to start a support ticket.

Best of luck to you @deeley.julie :wink:

2 Likes

Hilarious. Let’s log a support ticket saying the support ticket system is blorked! Oh wait… we can’t.

Seriously - I had a look at your suggestion about logs (thanks). It only lets you type in a couple of lines in the description - which isn’t enough to describe the whole issue. Guess i will keep an eye on the support ticket system and try and raise a ticket if it gets fixed. Thanks.

2 Likes

I agree, see a lot of new Wyze products promoted but lacking support. Guessing Wyze SW engineering team quit and the support group went on strike. Good time for a short sell.

1 Like

Well New Zealand folks: @deeley.julie @OzKiwi @robjg at a loss unless @WyzeGwendolyn can prompt a solution. Yeah Nah. . . :smirk:

Same here with my cam. I spent ages trying different things but it’s always one hour too early. Would be good to get this resolved…

1 Like

Do they actively monitor their Facebook /twitter sites?
I am not a Facebook or twitter user, but maybe someone who uses Facebook could try telling them that its impossible to log support tickets.

1 Like

Oh darn - Another kiwi with the wrong time. Cant even imagine on how to update the time on the outdoor camara as i can’t see the sync option at all.

1 Like

At least I am getting the warm fuzzies seeing us all here, My fellow kiwis!

2 Likes

Looks as though at least one Wyze employee @WyzeXuLi was active in this forum yesterday. He is now aware of your plight.

2 Likes

Could anyone from New Zeeland and having this issue submit a log under the corresponding camera, and let me know the log number? Thank you!

Edited: Could anyone from New Zeeland explain a little bit more of how daylight saving works for this great country? Just want to be careful with the logic (must be different than the U.S. daylight saving, right?) when I communicate this to our developers.

3 Likes

Daylight saving starts each year at 2am on the last Sunday in September, and ends at 3am on the first Sunday in April. During the daylight saving months we are on ’ New Zealand daylight time ', which is 1 hour ahead of New Zealand standard time . So our time just went ahead an hour not long ago…

I can’t help with the log.

Future dates

Daylight saving starts each year at 2am on the last Sunday in September, and ends at 3am on the first Sunday in April.

|Year| Daylight saving starts| Daylight saving ends|
2020 27 September 5 April
|2021| 26 September| 4 April|
|2022| 25 September| 3 April|
|2023| 24 September| 2 April|

3 Likes

Time in New Zealand is divided by law into two standard time zones. The main islands use New Zealand Standard Time (NZST), 12 hours in advance of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) / military M (Mike),[1] while the outlying Chatham Islands use Chatham Standard Time (CHAST), 12 hours 45 minutes in advance of UTC / military M^ (Mike-Three).[1][2]

During summer months – from the last Sunday in September until the first Sunday in April – daylight saving time is observed and clocks are advanced one hour. New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT) is 13 hours ahead of UTC, and Chatham Daylight Time (CHADT) 13 hours 45 minutes ahead.[3]

New Zealand’s associated states – the Cook Islands and Niue – and the dependent territory of Tokelau use several different time zones at their own discretion.

1 Like

As above - But New Zealand Standard Time (NZST) is 12 hours ahead of [Coordinated Universal Time] timeanddate.com

New Zealand Daylight Time (NZDT) is 13 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
This is what we refer to as Daylight Saving and the timezone we moved to a couple of weeks ago.

Maybe this site might help https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/new-zealand/auckland

2 Likes

I managed to send a log file #49305
Hope this helps

3 Likes

We’re on a roll here aye, its about time!

1 Like