Failed to upload event!

I’m getting Failed To Upload, check your WiFi on a couple of my events, they are person detection Cam+ events which makes me think they did upload. 95%+ of my events play back fine but a specific few error like this. Being person detection events I would think they are actually uploaded…?

Ticket 756050
Logs 43586 & 39104

Same thing had happened to me!image

So, I think all of the videos that I see this happen on are under 5 seconds.

Here are screenshots showing 2 instances.

All of the other videos worked/uploaded fine.

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen when:

• The camera is at the edge of the WiFi range and has a spotty conection.
  • There is congestion on the WiFi or internet router (like ADSL and someone is streaming a movie)
  • There is an error on the uSD card and the cam’s processor is stuck attempting to write to a bad cell.

The camera is 6 foot from my router (orbi mesh - main router not satellite).

The recording is on my SD card (I have continuous recording enabled, so these events missing or not uploaded isn’t a big deal. I can still view them in playback). It’s a brand new Wyze branded SD card, if that matters.

I doubt it’s congestion, as I have approx 400 down and 40 up speeds.

What’s odd is its only on these short recordings. Doesn’t happen on recordings longer than that.

I do appreciate the reply!

1 Like

Is the camera close to the main router only one with this problem? Could the main router’s WiFi communications with the other satellites be swamping the WiFi to the camera? When the camera sees WiFi traffic the protocol tells it to back off.

The camera could also be within the donut shaped signal pattern of the router’s transmitt signal. Less likely since you can see the signal strength on the cam.

Could still be the uSD, vote my Wish!

• Check the disk with the command line C:\Windows\system32>ChkDsk X: /r Where X is the uSD card
  • Format the uSD card and un-check the default “Quick” option so it can mask out bad cells.
  • @tomp has also recommended: Using This Standard Program 2 for formatting.

Unfortunately, I have no PC, so no way to check following those instructions.

I don’t really do event recording on the other cameras I have, as they are inside (with the exception of the Outdoor cam that I have watching my cats on their cat tree in the hall).

Perhaps it is the card, at that point. It’s just odd that I get the continuous recording playback without any hitches.

I’d try and swap with another camera to isolate the problem. It would be rare to have errors on a new card and the glitchless recording playback seems to support that. Could always blame the cat, those critters are very sneaky. :cat:

I will try that. I can swap the SD from one of my pan cams.

It’s not a huge deal, to me, since ya know: continuous recording, but figured maybe I’d help someone else troubleshoot since I saw something similar on mine. I might turn on event recording on the other 2 cameras for a short while just to see what happens.

Should I note that the one I’m experiencing issues on is on cam plus? Would that make a difference?

Cam Plus? Could be, don’t have that anymore.
Was having same problem (Failed to launch) and did a low level format on my uSD card. That seemed to take care of it but was also on Cam+ at the time.

1 Like

Just saw another thread where apparently this is an issue with cam plus?

1 Like

That was for the last firmware update which caused problems in Hawaii and AU where the time zone was off. The workaround was to set the camera up in a US time zone until a fix was available. It would probably affect their use of Cam+ but everything here is the USA should be AOK.

1 Like

I’m in Canada and have this issue accentuated since the last firmware update. Before it happened 2-3 times a week, now, around 10 times a day.

1 Like

Thre is a pause on the current release firmware.
You can manually flash to the previous release firmware until a fix is published.

I know that and I could even go back because I have the beta app except if it crashes I will have to get my ladder out.

I’m in IL, so, I’m not sure if the only issue was the time zone thing.

Oh, and I JUST saw this announcement. So I guess I was right, there is an issue with cam plus

1 Like

HA! You’re so intuitive. Good work @towelkingdom of IL :wink:

1 Like

Lol that sounds so formal. :joy:

1 Like

I have the same problem with the Wyze Cam v2.