Failed to update device list (error code -1)

Hello,

I’m having a problem with my Wyze app on my Android phone. I noticed a few days ago that there were no Rule shortcuts appearing at the top of my home screen. Also I noticed the following error briefly appearing at the bottom of the home screen when the Wyze app was opened: “Failed to update device list (error code -1).”

I just decided to log out of the app and then to log back in, and now all of my devices have disappeared! I don’t want to have to set up my 15+ cameras, bulbs, plugs and sense devices. What is going on?

There might be a bug with your app. I’d suggest forcing close of the app and opening it again. If that doesn’t solve the issue, try deleting and reinstalling the app. You will not have to reset or set any of your Wyze products up again because they are connected to your Wyze account, not the mobile device with the app. As long as you have your login information(email and password) you’ll be able to access your Wyze devices.

3 Likes

I force closed the app, no difference. I then uninstalled the app, then installed it again, Still the same. This is the Beta app.

Stupid question…do you have an internet connectivity problem either with your phone or the devices connected to your WiFi? I had a connection error through our ISP last night and was seeing that error until the connectivity was restored.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a problem with the WiFi. BTW, when I look on the Wyze app on my iPad, it is working fine.

Well, as of this morning, All is well. When I looked at my phone this morning, I noticed some Wyze notifications, and saw that my Wyze app home screen had all of my devices showing, the Rules shortcuts were at the top, and there was no error message when I opened it. I don’t know what changed, but as of last night, my Wyze app home screen was blank and I was still getting that error code -1 message.
Maybe WildBill was right? Maybe there was some issue with the WiFi that corrected itself overnight? (But all my other android apps were working fine, and the Wyze app worked fine on an iPad connected to the same network.)

From the information you provided it looks as if there may have been an issue with the phone connecting to the wifi, not the wifi per se. You were only receiving the error on the one device so I would suspect a problem with that network connection.

I get the failed to update device list on the regular. As a matter of fact, I just got it after trying to view a motion detection on my doorbell. When I go to it it says error code 6 and then when I back out of the doorbell it gives me failed to update device list error and then when I went back view doorbell there were no longer any videos showing. So I have to kill the app and then go back in to see events. There is another “person” video that works but this earlier “motion” video doesn’t. This is on IOS.