Extra magnets sold separately

Working for an alarm company central station I learned a lot of tricks. One important one is with window sensors only work if the window is closed. Weather permitting, we like our window open partially for air. Selling extra magnets allows you to use 2 or even 3 at intervals. one placed just lower than is needed to climb thru. This way you can open the window up to where the extra magnet is. Noone can climb in without opening it more which will notify you. Perfect also if noone is home.

I doubt there’s a large enough market for them to sell those separately, but you can certainly rig up your own solution. Any magnet should work, but you may need to experiment a little to make sure the polarity is aligned correctly. :slight_smile: Or just buy an extra sensor. They’re only $5.

2 Likes

Good idea :+1:

3 Likes

I love this idea because my dog likes to jump out windows. I could set the window at different levels and know that she couldn’t get out

The least expensive reed switches are normally open and are not affected by the polarity of the magnet, just the angle of the magnetic field. I would presume they are the kind being used.

Well, that’s what I meant. Maybe I used the wrong term. Basically, you need to align the magnet correctly. I thought that had to do with the poles of the magnet, but maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about.

1 Like

You basically are talking about it correctly just using kind of the wrong verbiage. The poles do have to be opposites so that they attract each other and they do have to be aligned somewhat or they won’t attach to each other so you’re kinda correct of in both ways.

Nice idea. But your “average” rare earth magnets sold on Amazon seem to work fine to trigger the sensors.

1 Like

That’s what I use on my metal doors instead of the magnet that comes with the contact sensors

1 Like

100 pieces for $12… Just don’t let the kids swallow them.

Yeah, they make cows swallow magnets but I don’t think kids need them :smiley:

But just think if you had your kids swallow enough magnets you could say get over here and hold a bunch of magnets and Zap you’re kid would be right there. they could never run away from you. how much fun would that be. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

When it’s time for them to do their homework make ‘em sit in a metal chair. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Seeing we have just had, widow open weather… all my window sensors now show open. I can not find and it would be great to have extra magnets available for purchase.
Multi fold, if my windows are in the open position, to the extra magnet they would still show closed but they still would need to be open more for someone to get in.

Yes I know I can purchase magnets anyplace but it would be nice to keep Wyze products with Wyze products.

Thanks

1 Like

It would be really helpful if we could purchase the magnet portion of door/window sensors separately. The intent is to be able to arm the system with a window open 12 inches for air. Then, when I don’t want the air any longer, disarm & close the window, then rearm. Some people wouldn’t want to bother going thru those steps, but for many of us it provides a lot of flexibility.

3 Likes

Does WYZE sell extra magnets for window open sensors? It’s nice to set two positions for open a bit and closed for windows. Thus one sensor, two activating magnets. I’d rather not buy a 3-pack just for two extra magnets.

3 Likes

Hello,

I live in an area where I like to open my windows. My previous alarm company gave me extra magnets for the window sensors so I could open the windows to a certain point and they will still be armed. That way I could have a fresh freeze and if someone tries to enter my house the alarm will sound. What I did was I added two magnets one at open position and one at closed position of the window.

Anyways it would be nice to have the option of buying extra magnets .

#wyze-extra-magnets

2 Likes

Sell additional magnets for Wyze Sense for summer windows

Please offer additional magnets for purchase so home owners can open the windows a few inches during the summer but still have them secured (not bypassed). By adding another magnet 4 inches to the right or left of the initial magnet, that particular window doesn’t need to be bypassed) as long as the window is opened to the right spot BEFORE the alarm is turned on. This is an easy, cost-effective solution you can offer to US & Canadian customers.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was moved to this #wishlist request for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

While purchasing magnets or earth magnets elsewhere might work, I’d rather they look the exact same as the originals. The sight of a different magnet taped or glued to the window frame and look out of place doesn’t interest me. I want the exact same magnets and it’s pretty easy to do. This would appeal to every user of Wyze Sense and for almost every window!