External hard drive

Is it possible to have cameras record to a remote external hard drive? and can you change the length of duration of recording?would like to record for entire time there is motion, thanks for any info

5 Likes

That I think was part of the idea behind the Max Drive. But now you need to use RTSP.

1 Like

We’re working on NAS support still, though. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

SUCCESS with RTSP + BETA Wyzecam v2

@ VLC Version 3.0.7.1 Vetinari (Intel 64bit)

• v4.19.4.48 SUCCESS
  • v4.28.4.41 SUCCESS

RTSP BETA @ https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP

1 Like

Is this now possible and if so… how? I hooked mine up… how/where do the files save to? Thanks

Is this now possible

@xoxthatgirl Welcome to the Wyze community! :slightly_smiling_face:

No, currently the only way to save your video files is to install a microSD card in your cam.

See this support article for more information here.

For best performance use a High Endurance mSD card.

1 Like

It has been to long now that we were waiting for Wyze to produce a NAS . First it was the Max Drive that never came to anything so how soon will Wyze users be getting this NAS.

Here’s the problem as I see it. The community has repeatedly asked for the ability to record to a centralized storage medium, such as a NAS, for 4 years. Wyze has repeatedly acknowledged this and at one point, even looked into it. Now we know this is possible as you can easily do this with a Plus series Synology NAS using Docker and Surveillance Station, but the problem is cost as the licenses for Surveillance Station are not cheap. So why isn’t Wyze developing their own method for doing this? It’s really quite simple. They would rather nickel and dime their customers by forcing them to subscribe to Cam Plus instead of providing customers with what they really want. Wyze will never provide its customers a NAS solution, which is why they are losing longtime customers.

2 Likes