Extend duration of livestream via Alexa to more than 10 minutes

YMMV, lots of folks keep a camera live 24/7 on a wall mounted tablet. But I don’t honestly think that’s a good idea myself.

1 Like

Not sure why people don’t see that this is much more of an echo issue than a Wyze issue. The same thing happens with other camera brands and the camera is completely stable with the native app or tinycam. Please understand the technology before trying to throw someone or something under a bus for failing to function the way you dreamed it would vs advertising.

Well I’m no throwing anyone under the bus and I do understand the technology. I believe it is both amazon and Wyze fault honestly. One of the main photos for the Wyze camera is an infant in a crib. And the descriptions simply states that it works with echo and you can see & talk to your kid from anywhere at anytime. Nowhere does it state that you can ONLY see them for 10 minutes at a time. It’s is very misleading and should state somewhere that it will time out. Especially given they are advertising it as a way to keep an eye on your kid. Who only wants to see their kid for 10 minutes at a time.

2 Likes

And yes it is continually buffering even during the 10 minutes I can see it on the echo. Super disappointed honestly. I’ve had several different cameras and what drew me to this one was how it implied it would work with an echo and they Used a photo of a kid in a crib & then you can “monitor” your kid from anywhere at any time. And was compatible with an echo. And considering my music via Spotify or videos don’t “time out” how exactly should one know that it will time out for a video monitoring camera? Especially considering it does not say it will time out anywhere

1 Like

I say it is not standard. I have Arlo and Ring and the nonbattery cameras no do not have a streaming time limit.

Yea for you, my Arlo and Ring cameras do on my Echo Show. They do not on their own app. If yours stream longer than 10 minutes or so on Amazon Echo Shows then count yourself lucky you have been blessed by the IoT gods.

I use a couple Fire Tablets. I’ve unlocked developer mode and select “screen always on” this enables long term streaming. Most of the time throughout the whole night.

That’s exactly what I did but I still can’t keep the stream up reliably. Yes, it has made it overnight a small handful of times, but it can’t be counted on for me.

Would like to see live stream extended from 10 minutes to at least 30 minutes on Alexa devices.

Today I was trying to diagnose my own issue and began a continuous ping from a PC to the local address of a camera. That seems to have stabilized the feed from that camera to my Fire tablet, at least since this morning…

RING does not have a limitation, why WYZE?

Because Ring, Alexa, and Echo are all Amazon products.

Wyze has a change in the works (WebRTC) to address this though.

1 Like

Would love to see unlimited streaming on the echo show. We use it as a baby monitor with old phones running the wyze app, but are trying to class up the joint and move away from keeping old phones with old vulnerable Android OSs laying around.

We have a total of 5 v3’s now and two pans along with a door bell. Please let us watch whatever we want for as long as we want. All cameras have cam plus as well, so fine with me if you make that a requirement.