Excessive data usage

I was under the impression that if you connected your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network as your cam’s that you could stream and view recorded videos without it going thru the internet. I just did that and I used 12Gigs in one day. Is there a setting I’m missing? I’m on a limited data plan on my cellular router. Thanks.

If your cam and your phone are on the same WiFi network and you’re streaming a live view or SD card footage/recordings, the video stream is direct from cam to phone.

If you’re viewing recorded Events, the video stream is from a Wyze cloud server across the Internet to your phone.

Check the settings on your phone, There should be settings under “Mobile Data” you might have to play with.
What phone ?

I have an IPhone and an Android Pixel phone I was using.

Ok. I thought if I had ‘record to sdcard’ checked I was viewing the events off the sdcard. Maybe my recorded events are being upload to a cloud server and using bandwidth and then when I view them they’re being re-downloaded and using even more bandwidth. I tried going into my hotspot and turning internet connection off but then wyze app wouldn’t let me start it, kept prompting me to log in. Sounds like this Wyze isn’t going to be able to do what I want it to so. I understand you need internet to set up the cam’s, but I want to be able to watch recorded events without using up half my bandwidth allotment for the month in one day. Thanks for your response.

1 Like