Fast access to event list filtered by camera or Camera Group

I love Wyze Cam and the team behind it!

However, the new app has taken a backward step with filtering. It now requires more steps than before to see events from a specific camera.

I suggest adding an Events button on the screen when viewing a camera live? That is, view the camera for which you want to see events, then click the events button - two clicks.

Even better, put an events button on each camera listed on the home screen - one click to see events for that camera.

Thanks

If you are in favor of this proposed feature, be sure to click the VOTE button at the top to make your vote count.

1 Like

I was thinking this sounded familiar.

Also, @Loki I don’t care if this has its own #roadmap. It may be buried in the other #roadmap and obviously, I think it’s a good idea. :grin:

Just a suggestion, it would be very nice to have enhanced filtering on the event notifications. Right now we can filter to events from a date and specific camera, would be very helpful to filter down to sound or motion detection and even a specific time frame to help narrow what I want to focus on. Thank you.

2 Likes

Similar to the View Playback button that is already there, it would be nice to switch to the events view for that camera.

Or maybe even display the list right there in the lower portion of the live stream window. After all, it is currently half empty/white anyway when you view it in portrait mode.

FYI, the reason the bottom half of the live stream view is empty is that it’s used for the pan controller for the Pan Cam.

1 Like

I wonder if the title of this ticket can be more specific. I actually tried to find if this issue was already filed but ended up opening a duplicate ticket instead. This is an improvement to the “live stream” window in my opinion. “Event filtering” makes me think of the Event section of the app which is not exactly what this is targeting.

My duplicate ticket was called: “Shortcut to camera events from live stream view”. Would it make more sense to have a title like that? at least to me it does. What you guys think? @Loki

I agree and modified the title. Do you like it now?

1 Like

Yep. Thanks!

1 Like

It is just a button, it should be trivial to add this functionality to the app … surely everyone would benefit for an “EVENTS” button when viewing a LIVE camera (or even reviewing recorded footage, as one may want to correlate an event with an expanded view of the video timeline. Which in turn, would be nice to mark up in timeline, each event.

It be great to have event viewing within the selected camera instead of only being to access it on the main overview of all cameras.

3 Likes

Improve navigation by putting button to view events on live stream page same you have view playback. Waste of time to have to go back and forth simply to view events. Also make settings more accessible. Maybe a sticky menu would be an improvement.

3 Likes

I cannot believe that this excellent suggestion only has 34 votes! :anguished:

With all the current turmoil around missing events and notifications, I am constantly wasting time jumping from Live View back to the Events view, and then having to filter by camera to see if a given cam is behaving properly! Arggh! :angry:

My request for the Wyze app is just one simple button anywhere on the Live View screen that would quickly jump to a list of recent events for that one camera. It can even be scrolled over onto the “more” screen for all I care. Almost anything would be better than all the steps needed now.

Seems like a such a simple feature - am I missing something blindingly obvious??

( Yes, I know tinyCam already works this way, and yes it is awesome! :grinning: )

1 Like

Easier Display of Events

I like the view of the events as they appear in the Doorbell display. I truly wish the v3 had the same possibilities of displaying events by time at the bottom of the screen.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen any updates on adding event button and previews to the livestream for Pan V2 and Cam V3. It looks like code may be available for the DoorCam? to port over?? Thanks.

It would be nice to be able to view Events when viewing live video in an individual camera. A button called View Events (similar to the View Playback button) could allow access to this function which would only display events for the camera you are currently viewing.

This would be an alternative to selecting the Events tab to view events for one or multiple cameras.

1 Like

Add “View Events” button to Live view?

I see my users wanting to pop over to events from live view.
Only concern would be this: Filtering events by that camera you’re currently viewing live would be intuitive, however, if the app changed the otherwise persistent filter preferences by doing this, that would be less than ideal. Meaning, I would not want a tap of Events from the Live view to mess up the presets already set for when you just tap the Events button from the main screen. I hope I’ve made some sense there.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Add Video Doorbell-style events to live stream view for all cam types.

View Events Shortcut on camera screen.

I think it would be handy if under the camera live stream there was a “view events” button similar to view playback button to view recorded events for that camera instead of having to go to events and filter to a specific cam.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Add Video Doorbell-style events to live stream view for all cam types.

2 Likes

adding timeframe to search of events would be excellent> When monitoring for issues/events from 12am-6am, for example, it would be great to not also see the rest of the day.

1 Like

Cams view: Swap “Events” & “Live” View for any active Cam in App or browser

While in “Live View” for a cam,
be able to click button to go directly to the “Events View” for the cam and then back again to live view. flip/flop between live & events for a selected cam.

Currently it is several steps to get from “cam live view” to “cam events” this should just toggle.

Solution: This should be add a toggle button to the Live View.

It should be very easy to just toggle between Live View, Events, and PlayBack. click, click, click…

2 Likes