RESOLVED: Event Video Download Delay - 11/27/19

Yep been having that problem the last couple hours, about a half hour delay

1 Like

Me too, right at 1/2 hour.

1 Like

Thank you both for confirming this. I’ll make sure to update when I have more information.

3 Likes

I can confirm it still happening, Thanks.

1 Like

We’re sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know and I’ll tell the team.

Update 5:39 PM PT - The Event video download problem was caused by a processing delay. We are working through this and expect this issue to be resolved in about 2-3 hours. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Definitely a reminder, Wyze cams are not made for security solutions. By the time I receive a notification, the captured event passed,
I’m unable to “talk” to the person through the cam or alert someone.

Yeah, we love our product and how it helps make people’s lives more convenient but we also don’t recommend them for security. These are smart home cameras. That said, I’ll tell the team about your experience. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will there be an update to do once fixed?

No you won’t have to do anything it is a server issue

3 Likes

Hello @Drew84 and welcome to the community.

As @HDRock stated it is just a server issue, so the only thing you will have to do is wait, it will just start working as expected.

1 Like

GO HOME LADY!!
It’s Thanksgiving, We need you fresh to combat the people who complain about the fact there are White cameras and Black cameras but no Pink cameras :slight_smile:

4 Likes

-laughs- I appreciate it! But I want to make sure that everyone is taken care of first. :slight_smile:

Don’t be surprised if you see me bopping around here tomorrow working on catching up to things. I live across the nation from my family and would rather spend some time working during the week than the weekend.

1 Like

Just wanted you to know, as of now my cameras are acting normal. It is 10:30 pm here on the east coast. Thank you for all you do for your customers. WE APPRECIATE YOU :kissing_heart:!

1 Like

I appreciate you too, @Scott57! Thanks for the confirmation!

Here’s the last update of the evening. :slight_smile:

11/27/19 7:37 PM PT - From our end, we are seeing data indicating that this problem has resolved. We have confirmed Event videos quickly being available for download using multiple accounts, cameras, and devices. If you are continuing to see messages like, “This video does not exist,” or, “Download failed,” please contact our support team and let us know. Again, we’re sorry for the trouble and appreciate your patience.

Support Request Form

3 Likes

I first noticed the problem at 5:27 pm MST. Can confirm that all 4 of the missing event clips are now available.

1 Like

All is well , working normal now :clap: :point_up_2:

1 Like

It hasn’t fixed CMC though. I just subscribed and am getting the fail to download error. I rebooted the cam and everything. Ironically the cam that isn’t on CMC sub is working fine. Both are online as I can watch live. If it’s sound captured on the cam that’s subbed to CMC it plays. But Complete motion gives a fail to download error. And I needed that today to keep eye on something while helping MOm with thanksgiving.

This has been happening to me intermittently for the last couple of days. Any solution yet?

That would be a different issue and we’d recommend contacting our customer support team about this. Sorry to hear about the trouble!

Wyze Customer Support