Event recording time

Does anyone have to reset the notifications every day to “all day”? I have it set to all day, detect motion. Every night I check it and it keeps flipping it back to 5am-5pm and removing motion detection. I’ve restarted both my camera and still everyday I have to go in and change it back.

Welcome to the Wyze community shelburst.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think your settings are being reset. They just weren’t loaded yet. Your cam settings are stored in the cloud. When you select a cam feed to view (Live View), the settings are pulled in from the cloud. If you choose to review the settings before they are loaded from the cloud, you’ll see the default settings instead of your preferred cloud settings. To get around this when “things are loading slow”, when you view a cam feed, don’t select the gear icon (settings) until you see the data rate (xxx.x KB/s) and/or date/time updating on the feed.

3 Likes

Great answer! This is particularly confusing to me when it keeps seeming as if my detection zone is getting lost/reset when it’s really not. When in doubt, kill the app and restart it.

2 Likes

and that is exactly how I figured out that I was looking at default settings when the cloud settings weren’t loaded yet. :+1: I was getting really frustrated when it appeared that my detection zones were being reset or not being stored. I frustrated myself for a few days before I realized it wasn’t just my detection zones, it was all settings changed from the factory defaults. You can tell that the cloud settings are loaded if you just wait until you see the data rate and date/time updating on the Live View.

2 Likes

Obviously that gear icon for settings should be locked out until actual communications with the camera is established. Imagine how many thousands of Wyze customers have been frustrated by this app bug over the years.

2 Likes

Now THAT makes sense! thumbsup2

If someone can’t get it in as a bug, maybe a Wishlist item? @UserCustomerGwen?

2 Likes

Agreed!

:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hmm, strange behavior now. No matter how methodically I wait, I’m getting “Failed” when trying to check the detection zone on my main camera from my iPhone. From the same spot and the same WiFi my Android, running a much older version of the app, had no issue doing it. I made sure to close the app on the “other” phone each time. Is something up with the new iOS client?

It’s taking a long time to load the settings, but other than that, I’m having no problems checking and changing detection and zone settings from my iPhones. My Android phones are loading the settings in 2 seconds or less, but my iPhones are taking 10 seconds +. All are running the latest public release of the Wyze app.

1 Like

The problem with locking that icon is that if you had a defective camera or it stopped working, you wouldn’t be able to delete or reboot the camera through settings. But I think this is worth tossing on the Wishlist. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the awkwardness!

@Customer, did your detection zone load eventually?

2 Likes

Yes. Thanks for asking. It was fine on Android, and after killing and restarting the iOS app several times, with different error conditions / freezes / loops, it worked okay. As @Seapup mentioned it still takes quite a long time compared to the Android app. It’s just always disconcerting when the results are inaccurate and you have to kill the app to try again (in either OS).

To your point about not locking it out, shouldn’t it at least NOT show default/inaccurate settings while reading the real ones from the camera or cloud? Why should it be showing us a detection level or zone shape that simply isn’t true? Settings that are not subject to this need to pull data (restart, delete, maybe Share and Device Info) can and should be presented separately in my opinion. Maybe a separate Utilities menu. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I’ll send that feedback straight to the team. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Glad you were able to get it working. Any chance you sent in logs with those failures?

2 Likes

Nope, sorry. This particular function (checking and setting the detection zone) has been iffy on both OSes ever since I got the cameras a couple of years ago - I assume(d) it was that way for everyone… I don’t usually even use the iOS app.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try this tomorrow, because of course, I already changed it back to “all day” like i do every night :laughing: I’ve had these cameras for over two years and it never did this until about a month ago. I’ll try your suggestion though, thank you so much for the​:blush:

2 Likes

Fair enough! Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like