Event Recording but no notifications from WCO

As Title says. not getting any motion notifications from either of my 2 Wyze Cam Outdoors

1 Like

Hi @asquithaaron Did you check the App Device Settings → Notifications & Motion?
Check the iPhone General settings for permission to allow Wyze App notifications.

1 Like

Yes notifications are on. And my indoor cams are sending notifications fine

1 Like

Not familiar with iPhone settings. Someone is sure to come along with knowledge in that area. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So under the event tabs you are seeing video events from the WCOs then if I read your post and title correctly?.. and just not getting notifications from those two WCOs events, but getting events and notifications from other Wyze cameras? Can you post screen shots of your notification settings for the WCO cameras? Maybe fresh eyes on them will see something amiss.

2 Likes

Yes you are correct. These are the settings for both of my outdoor cams.

1 Like

Are you getting other notifications from Wyze?
Make sure that the bell in the upper right corner doesn’t have the :zzz: on it.

1 Like

Yes im getting all other notifications from wyze. bell icon has no cross or ZZZ

1 Like

Are you seeing any videos in the “events” section? You camera may also not be detecting for some reason.
If you have videos, try flipping the little switch on the back of the camera off, then back on. If that doesn’t work, try unplugging the base station, waiting 5 seconds, then plugging it back in.
And finally if all of the above doesn’t work, try deleting the WCO and adding it back to the Wyze app(do not try deleting base yet).

2 Likes

Yes it is still recording videos, Thanks i will try that

2 Likes

Ok all fixed. Had to remove both camera and the base station from the app and re-add them and all the sudden it was working. hopefully it stays that way cause otherwise that will be a pain.

4 Likes

Today, I added a sd card to my outdoor cam, and from after repositioning the outdoor cam, all notifications stopped for all but one of my 7 Wyze cams. I can still view live feeds and look at playback on my v2s, but no events have been recorded since 6:05 today. The last cam to show an event and continued to notify me after the rest of the cams stopped all notifications at 4:57.

After adding the sd card and formatting it in the outdoor cam, I had connection issues when putting it back. And it eventually told me to reboot the cam. I did that twice and then it started working, so I came back inside.

Checked live view and it was working…

Didn’t think anything of it until I did my regular check the footage at bed time and am missing all my notifications since 6:05…

I checked all the usual no notifiction cause on all camera’s settings and the bell is turned on. Turned all notifications off and on.

I cleared app cache. I’ll probably have to do more troubleshooting after work tomorrow. I figure I’ll remind and reinstall the app and reboot all the cams.

While having issues with outdoor cam, I sent several logs…

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

1 Like

Only thing i can suggest is what worked for me. delete the devices and set them up again. unfortunately thats what worked

1 Like