Event filter/search by date, time and range

If someone has many cameras there maybe a large number of 12 second video clips generated. It would be useful in addition to the existing person and device filter to have a time filter that will only show events between two times.

[Mod Edit]: Title and tags modified to enhance search clarity.

In the Events Screen, add search for Time

Please add a ā€˜search by timeā€™ feature - e.g. between 3-4am. It would stop the app crashing after scrolling through so many vids and make it WAY easier to use the app (so I donā€™t have to keep scrolling for 10 mins before getting to the time I want), thanks!

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

11 Likes

So if we have an about time already known that we need to look at. While we can go to the day, we might still have to go through a ton of events to get to the time we want.

I suggest just making an easy way for us to select a time to jump to along with the day
//Mod Edit:added Events Screen to title to aid Search

11 Likes

Can we please get an easier way to search our recordings based on time. I have to scroll and wait for them to load oage after page. Would love to be able to jump to a time quickly. Please!!

11 Likes

This could be solved with a simple vertical timeline slider on the right.

Or, much like these forum topics, like ones with 800+ posts, where I can press the 800\800 little cyan colored box in the lower right that tells me what post I am on\how many total posts, adding this function can be solved with a similar slider bar UI that tells me where I am in the event list\how many events are in the list for the day. I could then slide up or down to wherever on the timeline I like. These numbers would need to be populated from the VIEWED events AFTER filters are applied, not from the total cloud Event recordings.

8 Likes

Iā€™d like to be able to search video, from the past 3 days, between a specified time.

Person detection is great, but lets say I only want to search between 10PM and 6AM.

Most of the time I want to look at what is happening at night, and I get WAY more alerts during the day.

Even an option when Iā€™m looking at the playback or recorded videos to show only night time videos would be easy to implement.

Thanks

8 Likes

Time filtering Events

I often go and check back on past motion events, but primarily Iā€™m interested in seeing events that happened at night. A filter to search events by a range of time of day could help with this, and similar (like watching the events during a time range when your kids are coming home from school for example).

[Mod Note]: Your topic, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

8 Likes

If you have person detection on your camera, you can set up a routine in the Alexa app to play a sound or whatever when the camera detects a person.

Thanks, but not quite what Iā€™m trying to do. Iā€™m not looking for extra notifications. I just want to be able to review past events during a specific period. I want to see if anything happened at night for last few nights for example.

6 Likes

I concur wholeheartedly! They made it worse now because it starts at the top again after every event viewing. We need time filtering! We need time filtering!

6 Likes

Would like to see a range of hours added to the Events display to make it easier to find them. Takes forever to scroll through the list to find the time you want to view.

8 Likes

I also would like to see this feature and it really shouldnā€™t be hard to implement. My use case would be something like ā€œshow me all person detection events between 1am and 5am for the last weekā€. But even if it just allows filtering by time per day, that is better than the current event viewing model.

7 Likes

I, once again, find it hard to believe that Wyze doesnā€™t have this simple function in their app. Not only is trying to find anything impossible in playback mode since they wont flag events, provide a logical way to scroll through time, provide 15 sec forward and reverse, etcā€¦ but even searching the 12 sec clips is cumbersome. We can filter by day, but not by time of day? This makes no sense and shows that basic design review was not thoroughly thought out. This is something that every other camera provider does.

New Product Design 101: Research your competition and at minimum provide the basic functionality they do.

Existing Product Improvement 201: Listen to your communityā€™s suggestions and implement. Stop trying to make 50 different products until the ones you already have are great.

7 Likes

I can go to a specific day in the events tab, but I have lots of events each day so looking for something closer to midnight is a pain, it would be much to specify a time range filter for viewing events.

7 Likes

I also think that filtering is much need it. I own a Netvue camera and they have the function to filter by day, hour and minutes. Itā€™s very helpful. Hopefully wyze make this happens soon.

This is an example of the filter from Netvue app.

7 Likes

Can you add some filtering by time, hour, minute to the iOS app? I have multiple devices and trying to scroll endlessly through events only to find a certain 5 min block is a real shortcoming of the app. This should be easy to implement. I had to find something from 3am and had to scroll through tons of events from day to reach that time frame. Would be great to filter by date and times on a query. Thanks.

Wyzecam wyzecamv3 plus app ios

10 Likes

Please include the ability to filter events by time. With a whole lotta events recorded every day, being able to quickly see a specific time of day (or night) would be great.

9 Likes

When I am scrolling through my Events and click on one, when I go back, it takes me to the most recent event. It would be very helpful if when you clicked back, it would take you back to the location/time of events you were on. I hate having to then scroll down forever to find where I was.

7 Likes

Scrolling through a large list of events is slow and tedious. If itā€™s been many hours and Iā€™m looking for activity between 1am-5am, I have to scroll past all the events from the day. On top of that, loading additional events is sometimes slow and sometimes fails (and presumably adds extra load to wyze servers!).

Itā€™d be nice to be able to narrow/filter by time, so that I can jump straight to the hours of interest.

8 Likes

Come on people, vote on this. We really need it.

9 Likes