Error (code09): Failed to fetch the video from the cloud

yes, it occurs 100% of the time. Attached are the same error accessed two different ways. The first is by going into “events” and selecting the event to view video. Note the error message. The first frame of video is shown but the event time shows 00:00 of 00:00.

The second method is by accessing the video by selecting the doorbell, then selecting the event in the doorbell timeline. Again the first frame of the video is displayed but in this case the “spinning wheel” just appears for a bit and the video never plays.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update. Beside the doorbell, what other cameras having the same issue are?

Ok this is interesting, not sure if you changed anything on your end but when I posted this on the 19th all my cameras exhibited the issue, today all EXCEPT the doorbell camera play recorded events fine, now it is just the doorbell that has the issue as pictured above.

Thank you so much for the update. We are working on the investigation now.

Thanks, any progress on this issue?

Hey Dave

Here’s a few others experiencing similar stuff. There’s a variation of particulars.

And here’s mine:

Cheers -peep

Sorry for the late update. After investigating with our developers, this error is related to the video player. The fix is in progress and expected to be deployed in the following firmwares. I will update with you about that. Thank you for your patience.

Was there any update on the fix for this error. I am still getting the unable to fetch error. I found a work around by pressing the Sim Card icon on the bottom of the screen. I can see the video that way but it really needs to be corrected. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Apparently not. Several blogs and discussions about this same error (I get error code 07 and 09 with same description “Failed to fetch the video from cloud. Please try again later…” Seems that nothing has been addressed. What a disappointment as I was about to expand my collection of Wyze products with a Wyze Home Monitoring, more cameras, a doorbell, But reading so many comments about issues with the products, and worse, no response from the company has made me go with Ring; double the price but much more reliable products and customer service than Wyze. I get that for the price point it might be a good deal; but for me, my time and peace of mind are much more valuable than 50% savings on cost, This to me translates to a much less value for Wyze’s home security products (cams, doorbell, Home Security kit, etc).

Apparently WYZE has not resolved this issue. Several blogs and discussions about this same error (I get error code 07 and 09 with same description “Failed to fetch the video from cloud. Please try again later…” Seems that nothing has been addressed. What a disappointment as I was about to expand my collection of Wyze products with a Wyze Home Monitoring, more cameras, a doorbell, But reading so many comments about issues with the products, and worse, no response from the company has made me go with Ring; double the price but much more reliable products and customer service than Wyze. I get that for the price point it might be a good deal; but for me, my time and peace of mind are much more valuable than 50% savings on cost, This to me translates to a much less value for Wyze’s home security products (cams, doorbell, Home Security kit, etc).

1 Like

Same with my doorbell, but not other wyze cams. Latest firmware. Any fix possible? Doorbell is unusually flaky for a wyze product

My doorbell seems to get the error “05 Failed to fetch the video from the cloud” error frequently.
Maybe when it goes off the free cam plus trial it might work properly.
Mine is also mounted using the wedge, which may or may not make a difference. Firmware says it is up-to- date at 4.25.0.245 and the android wyze app is 2.24.51 (up-to-date). It also shows a great connection to wifi and live view seems to work fine.

Thanks, still looking for resolution to this issue, any updates that can be shared?

The note above from @ M_I_Rubio was interesting and provides a partial workaround.

When you receive the error you can select the “download” arrow and save the video to your phone and then play it that way.

Interestingly, I have not been getting these errors (code 07 or 09) for the last week, and I’ve not gotten any new ones. I can fetch the recordings and play live video again. I did not update the camera’s firmware nor did I update the Wyze app (didn’t have to). So something was fixed by Wyze in the cloud or backbone that is now permitting me (and presumably others) to stream video again.

Curious to know if anyone else who experienced the ‘unable to fetch’ errors and is now been able to stream video without doing anything?

my error still exists with my doorbell, but the error # has changed, it now shows “error (code 06)”

Error (code06): Failed to fetch the video from the cloud.

The errors with all other cameras, V2 and V3s have been resolved for some time.

I was always able to view live stream video data, just not detected recorded events

1 Like

I get this all the time and Wyze support has been worthless to fix it. They give me the same thing to do over and over again with no results.

I get the error code 09 all the time and Wyze support has been worthless to fix it. They give me the same thing to do over and over again with no results.

1 Like

N

Incredibly frustrating system. I have eight cameras. At any one time there is always a camera offline that I have to recycle power to get back up. The doorbells and the cameras are all giving me 09 codes. What the hell is wrong with this system? I’m paying an annual subscription for eight cameras and it is useless if it doesn’t do what I’m paying for. Very close to abandoning this system and going over to nest.
Addressing this issue would be very very helpful before I have to go through all the BS of taking down these damn cameras and switching them all out with the more expensive system from Google

Sorry for the trouble. Could you try to restart the App and see if you can play those events videos correct after that? If that doesn’t work, we will launch our official 2.25 App soon, which has a upgrade to the video player.

Restarting the app did not work. Perhaps the upgrade will do