Error Code -90

One of my Wyze Cam Pan models has started showing an Error Code -90 message.

I just looked for the camera on my network. My WiFi router shows that it is connected. My WiFi router even shows that it has download traffic (occasionally, there is a small amount of data sent to the camera). I have not seen any upload traffic (traffic that could be related to showing video to a user).

In the app, I can select Update Firmware from the Device Details page, but it never moves from 0%.

I have this camera set up on a property 1,000 miles away. My handyman unplugged the camera for 15 seconds and powered it back up. He did this twice just in case the first wasn’t done properly. That did not fix this issue.

Any suggestions? I got tired of looking through all the Error Code 90 forum messages. I never found one that matched my issue exactly. This camera was working fine for well over 6 months. The other v2 cameras on the property are still working fine.

0 Likes

Have you tried a Restart Device from the “Device Info” page?

1 Like

Yes. That did not change anything. The device is still visible on WiFi throughout the “restart” attempt.

0 Likes

There are several things network wise that could be causing this issue, and everyone’s set-up is different.

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

1 Like

If power cycling doesn’t work for you, you might have to setup the camera all over again with the setup button on the bottom.

0 Likes