Error code 90 December 13th 2018.....its back!

Hi @pauln277, I just checked my All Mail folder and surely didn’t receive your email. I also checked our support ticket system. the most recent ticket you sent was on November 8th. If you’re using our latest 2.0 app, the instruction on how to send an app log has changed as follows.

In the Wyze app, go to My Account -> Help & Feedback -> tap ‘Report an issue’ at the bottom of the page.

In the Details field, please enter a brief description of the issue you’re having. Select the camera that’s having trouble. Make sure to leave the box checked next to Log file will be sent to the R&D team to help investigate your issue’ option at the bottom of the form and tap Submit.

Let me know after you sent the log, I’ll take over the ticket and troubleshoot with you.

LI, The camera first of all after it says ready to connect, takes like 5 mins, to scan the QR code, then after spinning forever, it says CANT FIND SPECIFIED NETWORK NAME, which does not make sense because I have 3 other cameras all close by connected to network and up and runnng, the network name is entered correctly, this thing is defective, I can’t even send u logs if the camera won’t connect, very frustrating.

Paul

Same issue with my Cam Pan with 4.10.2.27 load and app v2.0.23. I get “error code: -90” nearly every time I try to connect now. If I try multiple times I occasionally connect to the camera, get <20 seconds of video then lose the connection again. WiFi signal is >80% and other non-pan cams (on the same WiFi) work fine.

Do you have an SD card in the camera?
I had a similar issue with a v2 cam, it turns out “something” was on the SD card it didn’t like and it actually caused the camera to keep restarting (and I would get the -90 error when I tried to connect and the camera was restarting). I just reformatted the SD card in the app and it was good-to-go again.

1 Like

Tried to update latest software, camera crashed,code 90
Had to reset 4 times . Not upgrading rest.
Thanks Chaz

Wyze Team must come up a patch to fix “Error Code 90” as soon as possible.
So many Wyze users are hanging issues with Error Code 90 and waiting for Wyze Team to fix one user at the time. It will take for ever. We need our Wyze cam up and run now.

Welcome to the community, @rcquadcopter4. An error code 90 is a catchall for “Device is offline or cannot connect to server”. This could be caused by a lot of things because of different network and server issues. As far as I know, there aren’t a rash of these occurring right now, but I assure you all of the Mods and Mavens will let Wyze know if we see a huge trend developing. :slight_smile:

Known connection code table

Thank you for the info.

Best regards,

Rcquadcopter4

1 Like