Error (code 06) "failed to fetch video from cloud."

I signed up for Cam Plus, which allegedly gives me the ability to watch extended videos for 5 minutes. Yet I keep getting “failed to fetch video from cloud.” Something is wrong. Wyze support has been unresponsive.

Any help is appreciated.

7 Likes

Hello there. I stumbled across this thread earlier today. You’re not the only one reporting this issue.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/error-code-06-when-attempting-to-view-event-videos/149374/50

Some are stating if you remove the cam plus subscription from your cam, wait awhile, then add it back it resolves the issue. Others are reporting you need to remove the cam plus subscription from your cam, delete the cam from your account, reset your cam, add the cam to your account, then re-apply the cam plus subscription.

I have two cams with cam-plus subscriptions (one v3 and one WCO) and haven’t had this particular error for a few weeks now. Apparently this issue is a hit or miss situation and doesn’t impact everyone with cam plus.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. As users we should not have to go through all these contortions to fix this. And I am paying for it after all but not getting my moneys worth.

Frank V.

10 Likes

You bet and no argument here.

1 Like

My new V3 that was working great this morning just had the 06 error then a few seconds ago I got another notification on the same cam and the event video played?

And if you are going to try the “remove and replace” path make sure all your cams have up to date firmware.
I changed a V2 cam from monthly to annual Cam Plus and Wyze dropped the cam and won’t put the cam back on because it’s not up to date. And I don’t dare to try and update it because it’s about 900 miles away.
The last V2 I tried to update required a full manual reset and I can’t reach 900 miles.

1 Like

Any fix on this yet? I have had the issue for over a month. I have tried removing the subscription and adding it again several times with the same error code popping up every time. If I play the video from my SD card (with CamPlus deactivated) it works fine. If CamPlus is activated I get error 06. It happens on all four of my cams. I love Wyze, but so many people are having this issue it should be fixed by now. I have also submitted three log files like they requested with no fix in sight.

3 Likes

I don’t believe it’s fixed. I’ve gotten no response from anyone at Wyze.

Frank V.

5 Likes

I purchased 2 outdoor Cams last fall and installed them in late November. After a couple weeks I decided to add the CAM plus subscriptions to both. After that, I never saw a video again. Every notification says the video is 0sec. and I get this same error. I went back and forth with support via email and tried everything recommended but NOTHING worked. After a month of trying, I cancelled the subscription.
I have since applied every update requested, and on the chance this was fixed, I added the CAM plus again yesterday. NO GOOD. SAME ERROR.
I am tired of seeing 12 second videos. Why can’t they correct this error? This should be support priority.

3 Likes

Same here. And we’re paying for it

Frank V.

3 Likes

I received the same error code this morning. Not sure how to fix it. Nothing seems to work. The Firmware is up to date.

2 Likes

I have it too. Started yesterday just before 6pm. I can see videos before that, none since. Be helpful to view as I had vandalism and would like to see who did it!

1 Like

If you look at the WZYE news on this site you will see there was an issue about 5:00 PM Pacific time.

[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Some Cam Plus videos not playing successfully - 3/15/21

Well, this is the 16th, and I’m still having issues:
Notifications? Nope, nothing since the 12th.
Replay of events? last one was on the 12th and that blended two events together. I got to see myself coming and going. The collision was spectacular!
Error codes? Nope, don’t get those either.
It’s not my router - eero 6 - it reaches to the far reaches of my yard.
I bought the Doorbell as a test of the WYZE service, so far I’m not impressed

2 Likes

I still cannot play videos since 5:53 pm last night.

Jordan

2 Likes

I share your pain. I finally got my one V3 and 4 WYZE outdoor cams working this morning and they are all on Cam Plus. But I haven’t been able to down load any event clip from any of my outdoor cams in 17 days,I can down load any clips from the V3. I am 19 emails in deep with support but issue continues and they have been MIA for the last 4 days. :astonished:

1 Like

As of 4:00 pm CDT, my outdoor camera is still getting the error code 06. It started last Thursday when I subscribed to Cam Plus. Before that, the camera worked fine. I have a new doorbell and it works just fine with Cam Plus.

1 Like

From your experience, will I be able to access these videos, as some vandalism occurred while they were down, and I would like to find out who?

Jordan

1 Like

My videos all showed up but their news story stated maybe all videos will not be available.

I am in the same boat. Since cam plus, I can’t retrieve videos. Get the same error as you guys.

It is quite frustrating to pay for this service and have no ability to view events.

image|231x500

1 Like