Email address update not working

I’m guessing this explanation is real, I changed my email (worked, seemed to go pretty smooth, validated no problem cameras migrated), and to test the “sharing” re-created an account using the prior email – and suddenly all my cameras were gone (so here today, gone tomorrow, well that’s a bad sign) … Seems like the entire user account management tied to email was a patch job, not really thought through the first time and not actually fixed today. i expected updating my email or log in credentials to be validated… and otherwise routine operation.

It’s so people don’t steal your information guys. If you want to use a new email set up another account.

Incorrect. Because Wyze doesn’t handle this in a consistent manner demonstrates bad design decision, and actually makes me less confident. What other areas suffer from misguided handling around data management for my personal and potentially very private data?

Others manage account updates just fine with adequate security, I could give you numerous examples, so yes, Wyze could do better here.

In an ideal world where everyone gets what they want at all times is called heaven lol until then we will just have to deal with it

perhaps I have higher expectations, for basic user account management,

and companies I buy products from

It’s not a question of expectations etc. It’s about best practice and customer service. When I had to change my email address due to switching of internet service providers, I had to contact about 125 websites where my old email address was used as log-in ID. Of the 125 websites, about 8 were problematic. Wyze was one of the 8 sites where the change of address didn’t work properly and I had to open a new account with my new email address.

As someone who had worked on the IT side, I realized that those 8 sites had issues because one or more of their systems were developed independently and were not integrated properly or their middleware were not robust enough.

It’s a customer service issue because your order history and warranty coverage info are all lost and not transitioned to your new account. This is what happened to me on the 8 sites where I could not transition my email address.

It’s not about an ideal world. It’s about competition. joe_t is right. Why would I want to deal with a company that provides poor customer service or tells us that they can handle changing our email address properly when they cannot? What else are they not telling us?